-5-

*The next day*

I got up at 10:48am which is late for me. I ran straight to the bathroom and walked in. I walked in on Jack getting out of the shower. I slowly walked out and stood there waiting for him to come out. (Simon, JJ, Vikk, Josh, Johnnie, Jack, Lucas, and I all live in the house) JJ came up the stairs amd saw me standing there like I had seen a ghost.

"Woah you look like you just-" I cut JJ off mid sentence.

"You don't even wanna know." I said as my eyes widened and I looked down at the ground.

"Who's?!" JJ asked looking at the bathroom door.

I didn't answer. I didn't have to because Jack walked out of the bathroom.

"Hey JJ." Jack greated JJ like nothing happened.

"Ohh." JJ said trying so hard not to laugh.

"Yeah. Let's not talk about it." I said blushing.

I walked into the bathroom took my shower I towled up and walked I to my room and looked the door behind me.

I put on a neon green button up shirt with a black shirt that was just above my knees and black slides. For my hair I did a light curl so it wasn't so blah.

When I checked my phone it was 12:03pm. I finished just in time.

"Johnnie I'm going out with Uncle Kevin for lunch." I popped my head into his room and told him.

"Ok." He replied not taking his eyes off the screen.

I walked out side and saw Uncle Kevin's car. I waved hello, got in, and we took off.

I always enjoyed going out for lunch with Uncle Kevin. I can be myself around him. My mom and he were best friends... he is the only other person who knew what I was going through when mom died.

-Flashback to 1 year ago-

"Mom do you have to go?" I asked.

"Yes honey I have to." Mom replied kissing my forehead.

"But a month in California, can't you go for 2 week?" I asked again. I have never been away from my mom for more than a couple of days and even though I'm 17 she's the only parent that I have ever had.

"No I cannot stay for two weeks. Besides Heather should go see her grandma and she asked me if I could take her. Her father could have taken her but she asked me." She explained smiling at me.

I nodded my head and gave her a big hug. I said goodbye to Heather and they were off.

*Switch to Daphnes(10k) point of view*

"Ready?" I asked Heather as she buckled her seatbelt.

"Yeah." She replied smiling at me.

Ten minutes into the car ride my phone rang and it was my grandma. I answered it and put it on speaker phone.

(For this part to make it more understandable im gonna do the call just like how I would for a text)

H-Heather
G-Grandma
D-Daphne(10k)

H&D: Hello!

G- Hello you two. How's the drive to the airport going?

D- It's going good. How California? The weather looking nice?

G- Yes it is. The weather looks fantastic.

H- So what's up Grandma?

G- I wanted to ask when your plane is going to land. And I had a personal question I'd like to ask your step mother.

H- Oh ok. Well the plane is landing at 3:30

G- Thank you Heather. Now xould you give the phone to Daphne?

H- Sure bye grandma.

G- Bye sweatheart.

Daphne turned speaker phone off but I could still hear what grandma was saying.

G- Did you tell them yet?

D- No I did not.

G- Well when are you going to?

D- Not until we know it's gonna happen.

G- Well I think there gonna catch on soon.

D- It's only been a few weeks.

G- Well tell them soon. I know he wants to tell the two of them real bad.

D- I know he does but how could I tell them that-

Everything stopped in time it seemed like. A second ago I was excited about California. And now I don't know where I am. I'm looking around and I see nothing....

-End of flashback and back to Lucy's point of view-

"Hey!" Uncle Kevin started shaking me taking his eyes off the road.

I opened my eyes and saw my life flash before my eyes. The moment I was adopted. The first time I meet Johnnie. First day of Middle school. My first boyfriend. My first break up. My moms wedding. Seeing Jack for the first time. Finding out mom was pregnant. Holding Lucas for the first time. Watching him take his first steps. Hearing his first word. Seeing his smile every day.

"Sir are you ok!?" I heard a man exclaim. I stood up amd looked around. I walked over to the car that was flipped over and I saw myself sitting there not doing anything. Uncle Kevin was already taken out amd being taken care of. But me... I was just there..... did I die?