"Trust me" ~ Chapter 9

Adrien could hear someone talking. "Can you hear me?" The voice sounded so far away. "What am I going to do?" Adrien knew the voice but he couldn't do anything about it. He couldn't even open his eyes. "I'm here! Please don't cry I'm alright." He wanted to say that so much. It was torture to Adrien hearing her beg for him to wake up. "C'mon you're Chat Noir you've defeated villains you can wake up!" He heard the voice say. He could hear how desperate her voice was and he felt something wet on his face. He tried to say something open his eyes anything. He heard a groan escape from his lips.

Marinette opened her eyes and wiped her tears off of his face. She sat back down and put her face in her hands. "This is all my fault." She says. Then she heard something. Her head immediately shot up and she was peering down at his face she heard another moan. He sounded like he was in pain. His face scrunched up into a painful expression. Marinette felt like something had hit her. She hated seeing him in this much pain especially when it was because of her. If she had been there earlier, if she had wrapped the string around her arms instead... Maybe he wouldn't be in so much pain. Suddenly his eyes shot open and he sat up. He yelled in pain and Marinette lowered him back down. "Shhhh it's alright Adrien I'm right here, you're okay." She said with a bittersweet smile. He was finally awake. She laid his head on his back pack. "What happened? Marinette why are you crying?" He reached up to wipe her tears out of her eyes. "You... You were electrocuted by Chloe who was under Hawk Moth's influence. You've been asleep for 2 hours." More tears surfaced in Marinette's eyes and Adrien smiled wiping them away. He held her face in his. "Marinette look at me." She allowed her eyes to meet his. "I'm alright. See" Marinette nodded and smiled but that smile soon faded. "How are you feeling?" Marinette asked him. "I'm fine just a bit sore. I'm more worried about you." He said with his usual smile but Marinette could tell he was forcing it. "I'm fine Adrien." She said quietly staring at where he was hit. "Maybe I should take a look at that." She glanced up at Adrien. "I'm fine Marinette stop worrying." Adrien lifted his shirt and he was right all that was there was a nasty bruise.

Marinette sighed in relief maybe her powers did work after all. "Do you think you can stand?" Marinette said to Adrien. Adrien nodded and began to sit up. With Marinette's help he was able to stand. Marinette rubbed her arm and was looking down. "What's wrong Marinette?" Adrien asked her. She immediately wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. "I was so scared Adrien." By now Marinette was shaking. "I was scared that I was going to lose you." "Marinette you could never lose me not that easily anyway." Adrien replied trying to cheer her up. "I'm so sorry Adrien, it's all my fault." Now Adrien was getting angry. He parted from her enough to stare into her eyes. "How on earth is this your fault? Did you send the akuma?" "No" Marinette said quietly. "Did you electrocute me?" "No" "Then it wasn't your fault." He said tucking some of her bangs behind her ears. "I don't want you thinking it's your fault." "But if I had just-" "No! No what if's or buts" Marinette stared at him searching his eyes. He stared back at her. Adrien placed a hand on Marinette's head and moved in slowly till their foreheads were touching. "Believe me Marinette. Trust me. It's not your fault." Adrien's voice was quiet and desperate. He needed for her to believe that it wasn't her fault or else every time she would look at him she would be reminded. Marinette nodded "Okay Adrien." She smiled at him.

He smiled back. His eyes glancing at her lips and then back to her eyes. He placed his hand on her face and leaned in closing his eyes, Marinette following his lead. A warm sensation filled their senses as the soft kiss deepened. He hoped that all his feelings would be expressed in this kiss. To Marinette she could now feel just how much he loved her. Over and over again their lips found their way back to each other, only stopping for quick breaths. He kissed her eyes and her nose always finding his way back to her lips. It was all they had hoped for and they wished it would never end. But eventually it did when Marinette's phone began to ring. "I've got to go." She said as they parted just enough for her to look into his eyes. "I wish you wouldn't." He said back to her with a pout. "I know." She said quietly. Her phone buzzed again and Adrien gave her one last kiss goodbye. "Are you okay to get home?" She said to him and he smiled at her. "I'm fine Marinette now go home before your family gets too worried." She leaned in to kiss him one more time but she knew that if she did she would never leave so she instead said "Bye Chat" and ran toward the exit only stopping to smile at him before disappearing behind the corner.

~A Note

I hope you enjoyed a bonus chapter for today! I thought it's finished so why not? This was so much fun to write. I'm letting you know this story probably won't last much longer maybe 2 more chapters. Anyway as always Have a lovely day/night ^_^