Chapter 4: The New Kid

"Class! May I have your attention!?" Mr. Henson yelled to the class. The classroom fell silent as a boy walked into the class. He had dark brown hair with deep green eyes. He wore a plain white v-neck tshirt with a blue hoodie. His jeans sat perfectly on his waist and on his feet were white converse. Everyone stared at him in awe, as if he was a new type of species. We don't usually get new students in this high school so this is probably the most exciting thing that is going to happen this year.

"Everyone, this is Gavin McPeters. He will be joining you from now untill the end of the school year so I suggest you get to know him. Mr. McPeters you may take a seat next to Katherine." Mr. Henson explained. He pointed to the seat next to me and turned back to the white board. Gavin walked over to the empty seat and sat down, not bothering to make any eye contact. He sat back in his chair and tapped his fingers on the desk to a steady rhythm. I looked behind me at Michelle. She mouthed 'He's cute' and winked. I smiled and rolled my eyes, turning back to the front. He is pretty cute. I took a glance next to me at Jacob. He had on an expression I've never seen him have before. I decided to shrug it off and ignore it. I took out my pen and began to write a note. "Hey, Im Katherine." I folded up the note and hid it in my hands. I carefully slipped it onto Gavin's desk. He seemed surprised by the action. He grabbed the note and pulled it down to his lap. He took a glance at me then began to open the paper. I watched his eyes follow my words written on the paper. He placed the note on his desk and began to write back. He folded it back up neatly and placed it softly on my desk. I opened it back up and read his message.

"I'm Gavin. I know this is pretty straight up but do you mind showing me around the school a bit?"

I smiled and began to write.

"Sure thing! Meet me infront of this class during study hall. I'll show you around then!"

"Thanks Katherine."

"No problem! And call me Kat"

- - - -

I wiped the sweat from my forehead as I continued to jog around the field. I really hate gym.

"Hey. Kat. Hold up!" I heard Michelle yell from behind me. I slowed down a bit and let her catch up to me. "I need to talk to you!" She exclaimed. Her ponytail swung side to side as she jogged at my side. I wear my hair in a bun to avoid that. "What do you need to talk about?" I panted, my legs becoming sore. "That Gavin kid. He so has a crush on you!" Michelle squealed holding onto my arm. "How could you possibly know that in one hour of us seeing him?" I questioned not believing her weird statement. "The way he looked at you. Also, by the way he reacted when you said yes to 'show him around'. It's very obvious." Michelle said panting every once and a while. "Wait how did you know about him wanting me to show him around?" I asked, stopping my jog. "I sit right behind you and he writes pretty big." Michelle explained. I nodded my head and continued to jog along the track.

- - - - -

I walked over to Mr. Henson's class, where Gavin was patiently standing. He smiled as he saw me walk over to him. "You ready?" I asked with a smile. "Yup. Lets go." He said. We began to walk down the crowded hallway. I showed him as many places I could, including the names of teachers and students he should watch out for in those classes. After I finished showing him the school I dropped him off to his next class. "Thanks for showing me around." He said smirking down at me. He's a little taller than me. "No problem!" I said smiling. He leaned down and kissed my cheek. My eyes widened at his sudden action. I felt a tingling sensation run down my spine as his lips departed from my skin. He smiled softly and entered his classroom. I stood shocked in the middle of the hallway. He just kissed my cheek. I've had boys kiss my cheek, but it's never felt like that before. I bit my bottom lip and started to walk to my next class.

Now, on a serious note, I need to go visit my mom....
---------------------------------------------