II

october 21, 2001

tatum
dylan and i were on our way to the 'gallo cafe' which his mother was selling by the end of the year because dylan's father had been offered a job improvement, which means they have to move to the other side of the country to NYC.

on a happier note, we made a promise to our mom's that we would decorate the cafe really spooky for halloween which was in a few days.

while we were decorating i couldn't help but think about what my life would be like without dylan. ive known him for 5 years so far and i don't want to loose him.

"dylan?" i questioned carefully turning towards him on the latter

"oh no this doesn't sound good" he starts to panic

"i didn't even say what i wanted to say" i chuckle

"well, for starters you never call me dylan it's always dill pickle, or dyl. so this must be important" he says jumping off the latter putting his hands out gesturing for me to grab them and get down.

he leads me to our spot in the corner by the windows, still holding my hand. {above}

"spill everything" he urges

"ohtay" i laughed "where do i begin" i thought aloud

"well, as you know it hasn't been easy on me either that your leaving after christmas, and i was just thinking of what my life would be without your goofy little face around here" i blurted out as fast as i could.

he hugged me. that's all he did. he put his long arms around my tiny waist and interlocked his hands embracing me. there was this little feeling in the bottom of my heart and I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

we staying in that position until i heard a click and we both jumped up from our seats. our mothers taking pictures and gawking over how cute we were together.

"honestly, you guys make me gag" dylan gestured to his fingers in his mouth while i laughed along

so for the rest of the day dylan, our moms and i decorated the cafe for halloween. eventually our dads came and helped us out. i hated that it was sunday because school is tomorrow and dylan and i don't have any classes together shockingly.

we ended up cooking something in the cafe, and our moms made us our favorite. hot chocolate with extra marshmallows and whipped cream. after we cleaned up, we walked home together. all night i tried to go to sleep and i tossed and turned. eventually i couldn't take it anymore so i turned on my nightstand light and just sat there to think.

i went downstairs to get a class of water, and then turned off my light and just sat there again thinking about today.

falling asleep with the thought of my best friend is the best way to fall asleep

===============================
vote⭐️
comment😋
love you babes💋