Chapter 29

"Here you go," Cooper says while handing me a box of Sparklers.

It's the Fourth of July and we all decided to get together at our house and celebrate. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pull it out to see that I have a text from Zayden.

I don't like this day, but I do like you and I do enjoy your country (sometimes). I hope you have a wonderful day x

I laugh at his text and send a simple thank you. After our date, Zayden and I didn't talk much. I still wanted to be his friends, but he made the decision to not talk to me. I couldn't blame him or be mad, but we do talk on occasions.

Ava and a very pregnant Madison walks over to us and I grab a chair for her.

"Thanks, Lynn. I cannot wait until this little girl is out of me."

Madison is due at the end of August and as the days get closer, she gets moodier. We never know who we're getting because one minutes she's happy and the next she's crying at a cleaning commercial.

"So, when is Tyler coming?" Ava asks.

During the first month I was back home I went to Yogurtland with Cooper and we seen Tyler walking out. He came back inside and sat with us. He told us about UCLA and we caught him up on our lives. After that, we talked here and there and I invited him to our Fourth of July party. I guess you can say we're friends.

"He said he was on his way," I reply.

We hear a sniffle and I turn around to see Madison crying. See what I mean? I can't keep up with her.

"That is so cute," she sobs. "You're getting your man back."

Josh walks from the other side and grabs her hand. "Okay, I think it's time for you to get some food."

"Yay," she smiles.

Tyler sends a text to let me know he's outside. I walk to the side of the house to let him in through the gate.

"Hey, Tyler." He hugs and kisses me on the cheek. "Hi, Addy." He lifts up the bag and his hand and smile. "I brought cups."

Cooper lights Ava and I sparklers so we can take pictures to post on Instagram.

"Why do you wanna take basic ass picture?"

"Shut up and take the picture, babe," Ava laughs.

He holds his hands up. "Okay, okay."

We sit the our chairs on the lawn to watch the fireworks. I stare up at the sky in awe. I don't care how old I get, fireworks will always amaze me.

"You've been talking about this day forever," Tyler utters.

"True," I add. "I can't believe you remembered."

"I don't forget anything about you. Besides, you never let me forget," he quips.

"I know," I laugh.

"Let's go on a date." I shift in my seat. "What?"

He smiles at me clearly amused. "I said let's go on a date."

Without hesitation I reply. "Okay."

"That easy, huh?"

I sock him in the arm. "Shut up."