Chapter Twelve:Mixed POVs

My Sister completely hates me... No joke... If a serial killer came into my house, and it was only the two of us, she'd push me in front of them and be like, PEACE! SEE YA, WOULDN'T WANNA BE YA!!! Then run as I'm slaughtered.... I'm just hated by her... The joys.... Right now she's bawling her eyes out because she's grounded from downstairs when we won't be home......

____________________________________________________

Chapter Twelve: Mixed POVs

~Annabeth~

She let out a battle cry, as the crocodile advanced closer. It snapped its jaws, showing its pearly daggers.

"Protect Leo!" Annabeth shouted to Reyna, who quickly shielded Leo with her body. Annabeth slashed Riptide into the crocodile, she cut a gash into the crocs snout. Instead of blood, was that.... Sand? The crocodile was Egyptian. Carter ran in through the rubble, just as the crocodile came about an inch away from some Annabeth-chops. He jumped onto its neck and hung on for dear life.

"Carter!" Annabeth shrieked, "What are you doing?!"

"Doesn't matter! Just when I pull it's chin back, there will be a necklace around its neck, press the buttons one by one until the necklace pops off!" Carter shouted. Confusion passed through Annabeth but she quickly regained herself when Carter managed to lift the crocs head, to where Annabeth could see the golden necklace. The crocodile struggled and whipped his head, jarring. Carter held on for dear life.

"Now Annabeth!" Carter shouted, he looked like he was going to loose his lunch. Annabeth took a running start and slid underneath the massive reptile, so she was right below the necklace. Annabeth pressed all the different hieroglyphs, no luck.

"Carter! It's not working! Nothing's happening!" Annabeth yelled up to him.

"The back! Try the back!" Carter shouted. The crocodile stiffened when it realized what was happening. It opened its jaws, Annabeth was frozen in fear, as the crocodile started to bring its jaws down. Reyna slid next to her an pressed the button on the back. They both closed their eyes, a sickening pop sounded and someone fell to the ground with a groan. Annabeth's eyelids popped open and she sat up.

"Carter, are you okay?! What was that?! Where'd it go?! Where's the necklace?!" Annabeth gasped. Reyna sat up next to her and rubbed her head.

"I'm fine. Ish. It was an Egyptian crocodile, it's in my hands, I took care of the necklace" Carter said, opening his arms, there was a baby crocodile. He put it in a bucket of water that had small fish in it. The door slammed opened.

"Geez guys. You could've opened a window instead of blasting down a wall" Octavian snapped rudely.

"Shut up Octavian" Reyna sighed. Octavian reached inside the bucket, he had to grab fish for, who knows what.

"Uh, Octavian, I wouldn't do that," Annabeth started. Carter shot her a smirk.

"Do what?" Octavian hissed.

"Nothing! Nothing. Sorry!" Annabeth exclaimed. Octavian ripped his bloody hand out of the water and screamed like a little girl.

"Oh gods! What's in there?!" Octavian screeched like a dying cat. Carter strolled over and pulled the crocodile out of the water.

"My pet. Isn't she beautiful?" Carter sighed, stroking the back of the baby crocodile. Octavian ran out screaming. "Was it something I said?" Carter chuckled. The door opened, and Zia came in, she had tears shining on her cheeks.

"Carter," she croaked. "Come here." Carter carefully handed the crocodile to Annabeth and followed her outside.

~Carter~