Chapter 9

(Actual pic of my dog, that's my baby☝🏾)

I wake up in the morning to my phone ringing.

🎶"Oh, when you walk by every night
Talkin' sweet and lookin' fine
I get kinda hectic inside
Mmm, baby, I'm so into you
Darlin', if you only knew
All the things that flow through my mind"🎶

Devin😊....Incoming call

I grab my phone off my night stand and see Devins name across the screen. I look at my clock and it reads 9:00 am.

Me: "It's 9 o'clock in the morning..." I groaned.
Devin: "Good morning to you too, babe" he said.
Me: "Good morning Devin..." I said getting up out of bed to walk into the bathroom.
Devin: "I called to ask you if you had plans for tonight, I'm leaving at 8:00 to go to Indiana, I was wondering if you could go with me..."
Me: "As much as I would love to go, I planned on going out with my friends for my birthday"
Devin: "Happy birthday, princess I hope you have a good day today"
Me: "Thanks love, I'm kinda sad you're gonna miss my birthday" I said while putting him on speaker and then setting my phone down on my bathroom counter so I can brush through my hair.
Devin: "I can make you a special party when I get back, it'll probably be better than that party with your friends"
Me: "Ha, okay"
Devin: "Whenever I'm done with practice I'm coming over to your house with a birthday surprise"
Me: "Aw thanks, bye"
Devin: "Bye"

call ended...

I walk out the bathroom and go downstairs to make breakfast. After a few minutes of thinking of delicious foods I could cook, I just decided on making pancakes and scrambled eggs. Shortly after I finished making my small breakfast, I got a phone call.

Me: "Hello?"
Alexa: "Hey birthday girl, for your party I invited over a couple of old friends and your man is invited"
Me: "My man can't come, he has a game"
Alexa: "Oh..."
Me: "Is there a specific place I have to go for the party?"
Alexa: "Yeah, but I'm taking you so you better be ready by 5:10"
Me: "Yes ma'am, is that it?"
Alexa: "Yup, see you later best friend"
Me: "See ya"

call ended...

I put my phone down and ate my breakfast. After I was finished eating my breakfast I sat in my living room and watched tv. A few minutes later I hear my doorbell ring. "Ugh I just sat down..." I say to myself. "Who is it?" I ask. "Your Prince Charming" Devin answered. "Sorry I don't know a Prince Charming..." I said while standing in front of the door. "Just let me in, babe," He said.

"You're my birthday present?" I asked, smiling. "Nope, you have to find your present," He said, "I'll give you a few hints on what it is." "Ok" I said. "It's can be your cuddle buddy when I'm not here to cuddle with you," He said. "Hm..." I said while thinking. "So it's a teddy bear?" I asked. "Nope, I'll give you another hint. It could possibly protect you in case someone tried to harm you in any way," He said while sitting down on the couch. "Um..." I said while concentrating. "You're cute when you think," He said, smiling. "Stop it," I said, smiling.

"Can I get another hint, please?" I ask. "Sure," He replied. "It's a mans best friend, you know what it is now." "A dog!" I said, happily. "You have to find it," He said. I said bringing to walking around my house. "Can get a hint?" I asked. "I'll just tell you where he is," He said.

Devin walked out into my backyard and there was an opened cardboard box. I walked closer and an adorable little puppy popped out. "Omg he's so cute," I said while taking him out of the box, holding him in my arms. "Thanks Dev" I said while kissing his cheek. "No problem, my princess," He said with a smile.

"We have 10 hours before you and your friends are going to be at your party so what do you wanna do?" He asked. "The usual, watch TV," I said shrugging my shoulders. "Of course..." He said while chuckling.

We walked into my living room and turned on Netflix. "I'll get a blanket, you pick out something," I said while putting the puppy down on the floor. "Okay" Devin responded. I went in my room, looked in my closet and grabbed I had nicely folded. I walked back downstairs and sat on the couch next to Devin and placed the puppy on my lap. I decided to name him Tyson.

"So what did you pick?" I asked Devin. "I picked a scary movie, like always," He said with a smirk. "You can't scare me and my baby, Tyson on my birthday," I said while pouting. "You'll be fine as long as you have me," He said wrapping his arm around me, "I thought I was your baby," Devin said. "You are but Tyson is my other baby," I answered. Tyson curled up in my lap and fell asleep. "Aww," I coo while looking down at him.

The movie started and to be honest it wasn't as scary as the last movie Devin and I watched together. He chose to watch 'The Curse Of Chucky,' it's about an ugly doll that kills people? I wasn't really paying much attention, I was too focused on how cute Tyson is and how lucky I am to have Devin in my life.