The Big News

(A/N: I forget which month the story takes place in right now so let's say that it is two weeks before Christmas. I also forgot which age I gave Ross for the story so let's say he's 19. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

*NOT EDITED*

Ross's POV

It's two weeks until Christmas and tonight is the night we board the plane to go to Florida for a vacation. I planned this back in April and decided not to tell Rachel until a couple hours before we leave. I finished packing her suit case last night and I started mine but never finished. I moved her fully packed suit case over so I could fit my much larger one on the bed. One by one, I pulled each piece of my clothing out of my drawers and closet until my suit case was at the point where nothing else could even fit in it. In the process of attempting to close my extremely full suit case, there was a light knock on my door. I sighed and gave up trying to close my suit case and answer the door instead.
"Hey." Rydel said cheerily.
"Hey. What's up?" I asked her as I let her into my room. I walked over to my bed, letting her close the door as she followed behind me.
"Nothing really. Have you told Rachel about the trip yet?"
I shook my head, "Not yet. I wanted to finish getting everything ready before I told her otherwise I might forget some of the things I need to do." Rydel gave a small laugh. I looked over to my suit case and sighed.
"Need some help?" She asked.
"Please." I said. Rydel smiled and ruffled up my hair. She got up and started making her way over to where my suit case sat and I followed after her. I pushed down on the top of the suit case while she zipped it up.
"Your a life saver!" I said drastically.
"Eh, it was no biggy." She shrugged her shoulders and made her way out of my room. I set my suit case down with Rachel's and sighed in relief knowing that all the packing was done. Now time to tell Rachel the big news! I walked down the stairs and saw Riker, Rocky, and Ryland playing the PS3 in the living room. Ratliff and Rydel were in a make out session underneath a mistletoe.
"Get a room." I laughed and walked pass them causing them to break up their kiss. Rachel was in the kitchen with mum baking some sort of Christmas dessert. "Hey Mum, where's Dad?"
"He's at the shed where you keep your plane fixing some stuff up. Why do you ask?"
"I was just wondering. I might go there in a bit then. Hey Rachel, I got some big news for you!" I watched as her head snapped towards my direction and her eyes grew big.
"I'm getting a little cousin?" She asked in hopes of a new cousin.
I laughed but shook my head, "Not that I know of Princess."
I saw the look of disappointment in her eyes which made me hurt a little but that will change soon when I see a big smile grow on her face.
"I got some bigger news though, tonight we leave to go to Disney World for two weeks!!" I exclaimed. Rachel started jumping up and down. A huge smile was plastered on to her face. I couldn't be any happier right now then to see her big smile and excitement.
"Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much Daddy!!" She ran over to me and hugged me really tight.
"You are so welcome sweetheart." I knelt down to her height.
"Oh my gosh. I need to pack yet!!" She shrieked.
"Don't worry, I already did that for you. So go back to baking with Grandma. I'm going to go see Grandpa while you two spend some time together." I smiled as I looked at my mum who was smiling at us. Rachel ran back over and went back to baking. I left the two of them in the kitchen and grabbed my jean jacket and keys.

******

I pulled up to see my dad working on our plane.
"Oh, hey Ross." My dad said as he did a quick glance up at me then continued to work on the plane.
"Hey Dad. Whatcha doing?"
"Just tweaking up some parts of the plane. Could you come hold this part right here?"
"Sure." I replied as he told me where to hold the part that he needed me to hold while he continued to do something else.
"And that should be the last of it. Let's test it out. I hear there's an awesome sun set out in about 20 minutes." He smiled at me. We got geared up and hoped in to the plane. I flew the plane up in to the sky and went to one of my favourite locations at this time of day. It's where you can see a beautiful sunset over a sea with some dolphins jumping in the water and some birds flying to different trees surrounding the area.

*****
"We will take off in about 5 minutes." The intercom said on the plane. We have boarded the plane. I'm sitting with Rachel and Ryland. Rachel by the window, me in the middle and Ryland on the end by the isle.
"Are you excited Rachel?" Ryland asked her, leaning over me so he could see her.
"I don't think excited could describe how I feel right now." I chuckled at her comment and so did Ryland.
"Bro, we need to go surfing at Daytona Beach when we're in Florida." Rocky said to Ryland and I from behind.
"Yeah." I simply replied. I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes. I don't mind plane rides at all, I find them quite relaxing actually, but I know Rachel will have a lot of energy out there and I have to make sure I'm not tired at all. The plane started to back out from where it was parked. I looked over at Rachel and saw that she was a little scared so I took her hand in mine. She looked over at me and smiled so I returned it and smiled back at her then went back to closing my eyes.

*****
(They're in Florida now)

"I can't wait to go see the castle!" Rydel exclaimed.
" I can't wait to go on the rides there!" Rachel cheered.
"Why don't we go to the castle first and get a family photo while it's still bright out?? Mum said to all of us. We all agreed then started to head out to the van. It really is nice out here in Florida. The hot weather, the palm trees, the hot chicks, and the amazing scenery. We arrived at Magic Kingdom after about 20 minutes. Rachel took my hand so she wouldn't get lost in the massive crowd of people. It sure was busy today. We made our way to where the castle stood and positioned in front of it.
"Excuse me, could you take this photo for me?" I heard my dad ask a photographer nearby. They made their way over and dad took his place beside Riker. After the photo was taken, we all spread out into a circle type of form.
"I have an announcement to make." Rydel said loudly to us catching our attention. "I'm uh.... I'm.... Im pregnant."
"I'm so happy for you Rydel!! Congratulations to the both of you!" My mother cheered.
"I finally get a little cousin!!" Rachel said happily. I just stood there with my jaw hanging open.

***********

Sorry that I haven't been updating that much at all. I'm not going to make up any excuses, I haven't really had much motivation lately to update. I know a lot of you have been wanting another chapter updated and I'm so sorry that I haven't updated one in forever!! I appreciate all of the votes and comments that I get from all of you. It means a lot. If any of you have any types of ideas for this book at all, then DM me. I could really use some ideas. I will try to update more often then I have been. Once again I apologize for not updating as much as I should. I hope you can forgive me!!