Chase me but never catch me

*Owens POV*
Right now Claire and I are on the search of my Y/n and her nephews Zach and Gray. We were driving and we saw a long neck on the ground with slits all over her body, she was dying. I was comforting her and Claire came over and helped. She began crying as the dinosaur died. Then we looked farther into the field to discover more like it, "It's not eating them, it's killing for sport.

We traveled some more. Right now we're in a restricted area and we see the hamster ball all broken and Zach's phone smashed. "No! No, no, no. Awe Zach!" Claire cried. "Don't worry Claire, if Y/n found them they'll be safe trust me. She's tough, and hard headed." I said. "Besides they made it out." I said pointing to three sets of footprints. Claire smiled, "Is she your daughter?" I shook my head, "Foster daughter. She has no family, besides me and the Raptors."

She looked at me sad, "I never knew that about her." I sighed, "Because she's embarrassed to tell anybody and it hurts her, so we just don't talk about it." She looked confused, but nodded. "Alright let's keep moving." I said.

We followed the footprints to a waterfall. I stood there and sighed. "What now?" Claire asked. "Now you go back to the Main Street and I'll take it from here." I told her looking over the waterfall. "No I'm going with you." She urged. I shook my head, "Besides you'll last two minutes in there. Less in those ridiculous shoes." She glared at me then unbuttoned the top part of her shirt and tied it, then she rolled up her sleeves and stood there with her hands on her hips.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. She rolled her eyes, "It means I'm ready." I nodded, "Alright let's go." She starts walking away and I look at the ground glad she didn't see the huge dinosaur footprint.

*Y/n POV*
We were walking and I saw that Gray stopped and picked something up. He was breathing heavily like he was scared, Zach walked over and took what it was and showed it to me. I looked wide eyed at it. It was a hat. "Everything's fine Gray, I promise. We will protect you." I told him and hugged him, and he hugged back like he was scared I'd float away. I looked at Zach and he game me a big smile and mouthed 'Thank you'. I nodded.

Zach walked a little farther ahead and stopped and stared at something. I grabbed Gray's hand and pulled him over. It was a building of some sort and it was run down and hidden.

Zach opened athe door and said, "Wow!" It looked like a greenhouse but the plants went on steroids. Zach bent down and picked up a paper sign type thing, and a stick, "You still have those matches?" Gray nodded and pulled them out of what Zach would call it his 'Dork pouch'. I found it cute. "Here you go." He said and Zach took them. He quickly made a home aid torch.

We walked through many fascinating halls and eventually found a garage. With jeeps inside, and a door that leads to a path, which leads back to Main Street. "We should fix one up." I said. "You remember when we fixed up Grandpas old Malibu right?" Zach asked Gray. Gray nodded. "Do you know how to fix cars?" Zach asked me. I walked up and looked at him like he was insane, "Absolutely." He smiled, "Let's do this."