Chapter 1

Hey guys. Just wanted to say, this story is currently going through editing. A couple things may be slightly different from the original. Just a warning.

~Jack~

"Mark?"

"What?"

"Why didn't you upload yesterday?"

"I was sick."

I was on a Skype call with Mark, Bob, Minx, and Wade, preparing to play Prop Hunt.

Wade frowned at him. "You seem fine now."

"Shut up Wade!" countered Mark, "No one asked you."

Wade muttered something and went back to whatever he was doing.

Bob looked at Mark, worried. "He has a point, Mark. You seem fine now. We aren't trying to pressure you, but your fans were worried."

Mark frowned and glared at Bob. "I was sick, okay?"

Mark was acting very strange. However, it was Mark we were talking about here. I was about to question it when Minx interrupted my thoughts by saying that the game was ready. I shrugged it off and started my intro.

"TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU LADDIES! MY NAME IS JACKSEPTICEYE AND WELCOME TO PROP HUNT WITH MARK, BOB, WADE, AND MINX!"

I grinned. This is what I did best. The teams ended up being Mark, Minx, and Wade vs Bob and I, and we were wreaking them. About half way through the recording session however, Mark started a violent streak. He over killed everyone, and showed little sympathy if one of his team members died. He refused to listen to hints from his allies, causing them to get increasingly annoyed at him. Mark was usually a twat, but it was worse than usual. He wasn't in a joking mood either, he was going full try hard. After our recording session was over, I left the call quickly. I was pissed. Mark was being an annoying dick the entire time.

I turned off all my recording equipment and quickly edited the video, leaving it to render as I walked into the kitchen. I pulled a box of cookies out of a cabinet, sticking one in my mouth. I didn't bother to put the cookies away, and left them sitting in the counter. I got a glass of water to wash down the treat. I jumped in surprised when someone knocked on the door, sloshing water all over my hand and the counter. Wiping my hands off on my jeans, I walked over and opened it, only to find a package. "Finally!" I sighed in excitement, the spilt water slipping from my mind. I reached out and grabbed the box, shutting the door behind me.

As I walked back to my recording room, I fumbled with the box, trying to get it open. It turned out to be the new recording equipment I had ordered ages ago. I set everything up and made sure everything worked. I grinned excitedly and did a little hop around the room when it did.

I recorded a quick happy wheels video, taking a little bit of time to explain the new mike. I didn't linger on the topic for too long, for I didn't wish to appear egotistical to my viewers. My worries and concerns from earlier faded away as I lost myself in the game and the commentary. I had almost forgotten about Mark, but when I got on YouTube, it all came crashing back. My comments section was filled with fans asking 'what's wrong with Markiplier', 'why is he not uploading'. I checked his channel, only to see he had not uploaded anything for the last few days. I bit my tongue, and replied that he said he was sick. It wasn't a lie, it was what Mark himself had said.  Everyone was satisfied by this, but I only grew increasingly worried. What was wrong with Mark? Was he actually sick, like he claimed? I wasn't sure anymore.

The door rang for the second time today, causing me to smack my hand on my microphone. I was glad I wasn't recording, that would have made a awful sound.

"Shit..." I muttered, pushing the mic away and rubbing the sore spot on my hand. I got up and trudged to the front door, making up a fantasy in my head about a member of the mafia showing up at my door and killing me. I yanked open the door rather forcibly, and this time I was met with a man.

Did the mafia actually come to get me?