Chapter 5

~Jack~

  "Shit!" I cried, turning around. I knew we wouldn't be able to make it to a different hallway before that...person showed up.

  Felix took a deep breath, trying to fill his lungs with air again. I was doing the same. "I still don't understand what's going on..."He spluttered, still gasping for air.

  I looked down the hallway. Anti was getting closer, and rapidly. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. Once Anti got into range, I made up my mind, and I ran at him. He wasn't expecting it, and I blew past him, grabbing his hood and yanking it with me in the process. He let out a sharp cry and fell backwards, twisting around mid fall and landing hard on his stomach.

   Anti was up and after me in a instant. I tried to turn suddenly and fake him out, but he grabbed at me, snagging the sleeve of my sweat shirt. I got the wind knocked out of me as he twisted my arm, sending me smashing into the ground. I groaned, my head hurt, badly. He pulled back his arm, and was about to punch me when he was tackled, knocking him away from me.

  Anti let out a yell and pushed Felix off of him. He glowed with a supernatural green color for a second and then he vanished. Poof. Gone. I sat up painfully, trying to recover my breath. Felix ran over and gently helped me up.

"Are you okay?" he asked me. I was slightly dizzy, and my nose hurt like hell. I reached up to touch it, and could feel warm blood on my hand. God damn it.

  Felix pushed my hand away. "Your nose is bleeding," he said. Very helpful.

  "No kidding," I mumbled.

  He lead me down the hall. "We should go back to your apartment and clean that up," he said.

  I nodded. I'm glad he was leading me, I think I would have fallen over if I was on my own. I paused for a moment, leaning my tired body against the wall for support. My headache suddenly worsened, and everything started rippling before my eyes. Felix grabbed my arm tightly, and said something which I didn't catch. I was starting to feel sick from the spinning, when I blacked out.