Chapter two

2011

I felt a little intimidated by Kenan, even though he didn't say much, I could feel his presence as soon as he walked in the room. We didn't say much after we got introduced. I had excused myself and ran towards the bathroom. And now I was seated on the couch in the living room with a new drink in my hand trying to listen to what Julie was talking about. What the hell was that?! Who is this guy? Was all I could think before I felt his presence in the room.

- Hello? Are you even listening to me? Julie snapped me out of my thoughts. 

- Yeah, sorry. Your were saying..? I tried not to turn around to meet his eyes. But I could feel them burning a hole in the back of my neck. 

- Good. Now, as I was saying.. Kenan huh? She said and winked at me. 

- Yeah, what about him? I asked and tried to sound like I didn't understand her. 

- Hello, he's so in to you! Didn't you see the look he gave you? She sounded almost upset about the fact that I didn't notice that. But I did, and I didn't know what to do about it. I had never been in a situation like this, were a guy showed me interest instead of Julie or Kate.

-You should go talk to him! 

- And say what? Hi, you looked at me? I don't think so Julie. Thanks but no thanks. I tried. 

- No you dumbass, just talk like a normal person. I knew that she wouldn't let this go so I got up from the couch and walked over to Kate, Tasim and Kenan. As soon as I got closer I felt his eyes on me but I tried not to look at him and instead I played hard to get. 

- Kate, do you wanna smoke? But she was too busy making out with Tasim to hear what I had just said. 

- I can go with you. I heard Kenan say. I turned to him and met his eyes. 

-Sure, thanks. 

- No problem, after you. He said and gestured for me to lead the way. What a gentleman. 

As we walked through the door a really drunk guy tried to go through at the same time, which led too me falling right into Kenan's arms. He helped me stand up and grabbed the other guy's arm in the process. 

- Watch where you're going asshole! Kenan yelled before turning to me. Are you okay?

- Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a accident. I said and gave him a smile. 

- No disrespect is what it was. He should have watched where he was going. He said and sounded irritated. 

- Maybe, but I'm fine okay? Let's just smoke. I grabbed his hand pulled him outside. It felt like some kind of electricity when our hands touched. I quickly let go of his hand and looked away. I felt kind of nervous. What is happening? It's not like I've never touched a boy before.

I felt Kenan's eyes on my so I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. 

- Where did you go? He asked and started to laugh. 

- Nowhere, just thinking. I smiled. 

- About what?

- Nothing, do you have a lighter? I asked and tried to change the subject. 

Thankfully he let it go and handed me his lighter. I let my guard down a bit and enjoyed his company. We talked during our smoke and he told me a little bit about himself, he told me that he was a year older than me, eighteen, and that he had dropped out of school last year and that was why I hadn't seen him before. He lived with his mom on the other side of Modesto, that he had a younger brother named Milovan and that he was from Serbia.