1 - Prelogue

(Author's note: This is set in the future, I'm gonna try and not make this confusing but this story will be set in the future after Demi takes a break from her career)

Roxanne's POV
My name is Roxanne Maeve Lovato-Valderrama and this is my story. I was born on the 19th of January in Sydney Australia. I don't know why my parents decided to be in Australia at time of my birth since my mom was born in Albuquerque and my dad was born in Miami but that is besides the point. I am 15 years old just shying away from my 16th birthday. From a young age, all I could remember was flashing lights, cameras and old men following my every move.. I hated it. By the time I was 3 and could understand why cameras and old men followed my mom, dad and I everywhere, my mom gave me a choice. She asked me if I wanted to go live with my grandma Diana and grandpa Eddie and my Aunt Maddie for a while to get away from the drama. I had decided that being out of the spotlight was the best idea for me at that time. Even though I was only very young, I thought that was the best thing to do, plus I was very mature for my age. I missed my mom and dad a lot, I only ever got to see them during the holiday time, which was horrible for me, especially as a young girl, I needed my mom with me. By the time I was 13, I moved back in with my mom and dad because I needed and missed them too much. I no longer cared about the cameras, lights, tabloid articles and men chasing us everywhere, I just needed to be back with my family. Now that I am almost 16, I enjoy life with my family but it has its downsides since there was such a large hole left when I made the decision to leave my family. It's hard still because my parents are always working away so I get left with my mom's friend Marissa but I don't mind because Marissa is amazing. So that is my life story pretty much.

--------

Thanks for reading!
My name is Jasmine and I am the author of this book.
All ideas are mine and if they are not, I will give credit in the A/N (Authors Note)
Ideas in this story are based roughly off personal experiences but twisted in a way to make it I guess more interesting so please do respect since some events are actually true in my personal life!

Follow me on Twitter for updates: @jazvato

❤️❤️❤️