Just A Boy In A Chevy Truck . NG

"Nash what are you doing?" You said blindfolded.

You heard him softly laugh to himself. You were in his truck driving down a bumpy road.

You came to visit Nash in North Carolina as it was summer and school had just got out.

Suddenly the ground evened out and there was silence beneath the moving tires. Nash continued driving for a minute or so, and then stopped the engine.

"Don't take off the blindfold." He told you as you unbuckled, hearing him grabbing things out of the back seat.

He opened your door and you found his arms picking you up bridal style. Your arms reached around his neck out of instinct. He closed the truck door. All you could hear was silence, and Nash's footsteps. He set you down on something soft, and he slowly removed your blindfold.

Your mouth dropped.

You were parked in the middle of a field with a trillion stars over your head. You looked around and the truck bed was filled with pillows and blankets.

You looked at Nash happily, and he was sitting beside you on the end of the tailgate looking at you. He looked at you like every girl dreams of.

You were speechless.

"I used to come out here all of the time. When I was upset, when I was happy, I spent an entire night out here when I lost my first dog, and Cam and I did too when we first met. It seems like every memory I have is linked back to here."

"So here we are." You smiled.

"Here we are." He whispered.

You moved back against the pillows and blankets, and laid beneath the stars. You were in Nash's arms, safe and warm. After a long time of loving silence, you looked up at him smiling.

Nash's eyes seemed to catch the twinkle of every star over head, as he said, "I love you."

•••

Please vote, and follow me:) x