Chapter 3: Fry pan

Layla ^*^

I find my fingers holding a frying pan, I used to cook my eggs with, and whack Max upside the head. He falls unconscious onto my floor.

My heart racing I stand there like a crazy person.

Maybe he will forget my burn. It will heal quickly.

I search my house frantically to find something useful for my situation.

He's gonna wake up eventually. Then what are you going to do Layla? Explain to him you just got scared and decided to knock him out cold?

What if he doesn't wake up?

Dropping the frying pan on Max's back I climb the ladder. Not even acknowledging the burn in my foot.

Deciding I need to run and hide, I pull out a pair of black leather pants and a light brown long sleeve shirt.

Once I'm properly dressed, to go run for my life, I start stuffing a small bag of food, a metal canteen, matches, and a hairbrush.

I won't be looking like an animal. Oh wait..

I pack a small dagger in my pants pocket and casually walk out the door.

I follow the street out of my village and start to speed towards the forest.

I have come used to moving a lot. Being hunted by The Council and all. I had to face most attacks alone and when I'm backed into a corner I seem to find away to reverse the situation. I personally don't like killing, but if you plan on killing me.. I make exceptions.

Feeling safe a good couple miles into the woods I start to walk.

I start to wonder how much Max was being paid to find me. Was he supposed to bring me to The Council or kill me himself. Neither sound fun.

A while back I had thought about going to The Council myself and explain I wasn't a threat to them. I don't know exactly why they want, or need, me dead. I also kind of don't care.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

I stop when night falls. I break off small branches from trees and start to gather wood for a fire.

I take off my clothes and shift into my Wolf to hunt. I catch a rabbit and shift back into my human/vampire form. Putting my clothes back on, I light the fire.

In the light of the burning embers I skin and gut the rabbit. Then lay the meat on a stick over the fire. My Wolf would have ate it raw, bones, guts everything. But I have nothing else to do so I decided to spend time and cook it.

With a full stomach I sleep. On the ground, with bugs.

Theres no motels around Layla, so accept it.

I somehow manage to fall asleep.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

MAX'S P.O.V

I awake on a wood floor and a throbbing head. Sitting up I find a fry pan laying next to me.

I search Sarah's house trying to find a clue to were she would go. Knowing she good run.

Finding no lead I leave the village tracking her sent.

She can run but she can't hide her sent.

Her sent takes me into woods. Thinking she probably stopped to sleep I decide to shift.

I take my shirt and pants off tying them to my ankle for when I shift back.

After an hour or tracking, I stop to drink at a small stream. Bending my head into the cool water, a twig breaks.

My head shoots up, ears and eyes alert. Scanning my surroundings.

"Relax wolf boy." A Vampire jumps down from a tree.

Shifting back into human form I put only my pants on.

"Did you find the Hybrid? The Council is getting impatient."

"I did, she's a girl."

A third Vampire appears. "Yes, Layla Bond."

"Council." I bow in respect. Standing up straight again, "Why wasn't I informed the Hybrid was female? And her name is Sarah."

He laughs. His grey hair was slick back and he wore a black robe. "Her name is Layla. She lied to you. And we wanted to see if you were able to figure her position out yourself."

A feel a small bit of pride for being so highly thought of.

"Tick tock hunter boy." The two Vampires speed away.