Chapter 8: Vampires

I need your guys feedback! Suggestions, thoughts.........

We fly down the hill. I don't have any other plans and we don't have time to sit and plan one.

"Most if the Vampires will be inside, the sunlight. But some will have daylight rings. And only the best fighters will have them." I bark to Max.

The houses become larger as the space between max and I and a hundred Vampires closes.

I feel my heart beat picking up as my paws feel level ground.

Most of the house's curtains are pulled together, blocking any sunlight threatening to enter. A few house's curtains are pushed back: Daywalkers.

Three Vampires appear, from nowhere, in front of us. Fangs barred.

Out of the corner of my eye I watch Max settle into a lunging position, me doing the same.

"Aw. Two lost puppies." One of the Vampire sneers. He is probably in his early 20s, black hair, black eyes.

My jaw extends, showing my two sharp canines, a growling sound escaping my lips.

Max leaps towards to three Vampires. Clashing into the one who called us puppies. The Vampire and Max roll to the ground.

Grass and dirt flying as bites, scratches, growling, and punching occurs between the two.

I realize the other two Vampire are watching also. Taking them off guard, my back legs push my body in their direction.

Before I know it, my teeth grip around something hard, but meaty. An arm.

I jerk my head to the side, tearing the arm off.

A high pitched scream fills the air.

The other Vampire grabs ahold of the fur on my back and flings me into a house.

My body collides with the structure, bulldozing into its wall.

I, quickly, return to me feet and race back through the new hole in the wall.

I find five more Daywalker Vampires attacking Max. 

I charge to help Max, taking a Vampire's head in my mouth and ripping it off.

Two Vampires clutch onto Max's back, bitting.

Max jumps on his back and rolls, crushing the Vampires.

I slice the chest of Vampire running to join his friends fighting Max.

He slumps back and looses his footing.

Instinctively, taking his head in my mouth and chopping down.