Chapter 2

Dew's P.O.V.

I was pretty sure that my mouth was literally hanging open and I just dropped my sandwich. I poked my face and sure enough my mouth was open. I quickly closed it, my face turning tomato red and just stared at him with Vampires Everywhere! still playing in my ears.

He sat there, smiled at me and smirked a bit when he saw how flustered I was. I finally got over the shock and pulled my earbuds out and extended my hand across the table for him to shake.

"Umm hi. I'm Dew." I introduced myself. He shook my hand and replied with a smile saying, "Hello Dew. I'm Davey." There was a bit of an awkward silence since I had no fucking clue what to say to him, so I just stared down at my sandwich no longer hungry.

Finally after a couple of moments he spoke again. "So Dew, what brings you here?"

The question hit me like it was a train. I thought I was fine, happy even that she was gone and out of my life, but now I started remembering all of the little things she'd done and the good times before my dad died. It's like I was in shock and I just now realized that I was alone in this world. I was an orphan, and I had no family to help me. I didn't even have any friends to turn to.

I felt a hand touch my wet cheek. I was disturbed from my thoughts by Davey wiping my tears away. I didn't realize I'd even started crying. I looked into his eyes and I just broke down and started sobbing there in the hospital cafeteria.

His hand left my face and that only made me cry harder. I mean of course he wouldn't want to spend his time comforting some random girl he'd just met in a hospital. He had to be here for his own reasons. I put my head into my hands and I felt the sobs wracking my body.

Suddenly I felt a pair of strong arms go around me and I momentarily stopped sobbing and looked through my tear-filled eyes and say that Davey hadn't left, but had come over to me and was now hugging me.

It's a strange feeling to me that there is somebody here comforting me when they don't even know what happened. I haven't felt so cared for since before my dad died. My own mother couldn't even care for me, so why would this stranger I just met be comforting me? Especially a fucking rockstar, like goddamn, could you just be famous and keep an image of perfection instead of actually being perfection?

While I was lost in my thoughts I'd resumed my crying and then I remembered why I was even crying in the first place. I never wanted this feeling to go away. I wanted to feel safe and cared for. I wanted to forget all the bad this world has to offer and focus on the beautiful. Deciding that I can't hurt any worse I decided to accept this feeling and I turned to face Davey and put my arms around him and cried into his chest. I felt him start to stroke my hair and pat my back a bit while saying that it's going to be alright.

I don't know how long we stayed there, but after a while I finally stopped crying because I didn't have anything left to cry out. I sat there in Davey's embrace hiccuping and trying to calm myself down.

When I was finally able to stop shaking it hit me that I had just broke down in a strangers arms. I could feel my cheeks start to redden from embarrassment and even though I was calm I didn't want to look up and face him.

"So why is a beautiful girl like you crying?" I heard Davey say. I didn't want to say it out loud because I didn't want to fully accept it yet. When I didn't respond I felt his hand on my chin, bringing my face up so I was forced to look into those haunting ice blue eyes.

His eyes were filled with something I haven't seen in a long time. I saw that he cared. It wasn't pity or even slight anger at having his time being used on an emotional wreck of a girl. He cared about me and that's what scared me. How could this stranger care about ME of all people? I'm not anything special. I have problems at home and a fucked up past. Somebody who has too much baggage so they had to be left behind.