chapter 6

Katie's P.O.V

"oh my Jesus Christ,Moses,holy mary-" "okay I get it you very holy right now." I said putting down a load of books zoey asked for in the library."have you seen him! Oh those eyes remind me of the green medows and that blondish yellow hair and his jawline!" "Remind you of a shark?" She gave me a look "oh come on I'm sure even a girl like you would find him hot." "Who?" "Christopher holgate!" I looked at her"you've got to be kidding me." She shrugged her shoulders " the guy is not cute please." "Okay now changing the subject who are you going to the ball with?" "Oh shucks the stupid bloody ball!" The ball is a function I hate which happens every year, it is sort of our founder's day, you can say"Woah chill out girl I'm sure there's a guy who will ask you out." " you think im worried about that. Who are you going out with?" She wasn't so pleased "uh, George gorgon." George gorgon is in ostara and he is the biggest nerd ever, he has also had the biggest crush on zoey since a few years. "Ooh well see you later lovebird." "Hey where are you going?" "I'm here but I'm done looking at books of chants I'm going to the normal books counter where they have Lord of the rings and all.

Katies P.O.V

"Finally!" I took out the latest book of the Lord of the rings," the two toweres" I heard a familiar voice, I looked back and it was none other than "Christopher." He smiled "so your the other holgate." His smile suddenly disappeared "what is that suppose to mean like the loser holgate?" Most of the time if a guy said that I would laugh and agree,but, for some reason I actually felt really bad "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way." His smile reappeared and he ran his fingers through his hair "I'm just kidding with you. I didn't catch your name." "Barbrie, Katie barberie." I smiled at him "well I'm-is there any need to even say my name?" "Haha , no." I stared at him for a while "you know, your not like your brother at all." He gave me a confused look "you are not an arrogant jackass and you seem like a realy nice and funny guy." That was the last thing I said as I walked away because Clare called me, I was not acting rude. "HEY WAIT!" Christopher yelled "who are you going to the ball with?" "Uh I don't know, I'm sorry I have to go I'll talk to you later,BYE." I said as I ran to Clare.

Clares P.O.V

"So who are you going to the ball with?" I asked, suddenly Katie looked at me with an irritated look "why is everyone asking me that question?" "I don't know, so has anybody asked you?" "No" soon after she said that she gave it some thought."um,unless you mean if a guy asks you who you are going to the ball with." She made a confused face and I guessed the most obvious thing she would do if a guy asked her out or any of us " let me guess, you punched him and broke his nose." "No actually my response was I don't know and then i ran to you." My eyes lit up "OH MY GOD WHO IS THIS PRINCE CHARMING,Greek God,model-" "lady chill out. It was the New guy." " you mean Mr hottie." "Why does everyone have nicknames for this guy?" "Hah Christopher holgate did ask you out!" "Not exactly he just asked me who I'm going to the ball with." I gave her a look and her smile was wiped off of her face "oh geez he did ask me out." "Come on let's go tell the others" before I pulled her she stopped "wait I have to do something." She said as she ran to some blonde guy. David? I saw her pleading to him about something and he agreed to it. "Alright now let's go." She came back with a pleased look upon her face "what was that about?" "You'll find out soon enough."