chapter 4

Katies P.O.V

We went to the dining hall and I saw David there with his arm in a plaster "David! How are you feeling?" I said hugging him"I could be better but I guess I'm,okay." I messed up his already messy hair while he complained but I just laughed. While we were talking I could see miss full of herself staring at me a.k.a Elizabeth device with her two pets
Mary butters and Anne Boyle and she was ofcourse in Samhain, had to be. She had the biggest crush on Dave. I told David about my so called date with Harry holgate."WHAT! why did you go out with that creep?" "I didn't have a choice, and believe me I didn't enjoy it exept for the part where I made him kiss a giant strawberry ." Before he could say anything else professor Moreno yelled "dinner is served." Suddenly delicious roasted chicken and pork appeared on the table with some vegetables ofcourse. I went to my table and sat with Clare, Zoey and Michele. "Hey guys what's up" all of them seemed very worried,"what's wrong?" "K-Katie you know that I can sense dark magic very well and notice when anything goess wrong, right" Zoey said looking extremely worried while she played with her fingers "yes" "well I have been sensing something very wrong lately and its very powerful." "Can you sense where it's coming from?" I asked and Michele answered for her"it's too powerful, it can't be breached it has some kind of protective layer around it, nobody can detect where it is." After some thinking it suddenly hit me "I think I know someone who might, well go after dinner, not even anything evil can stop me from having a hearty meal." I said rubing my stomach making everyone laugh.

Katies P.O.V

We went to the forest of dark when everyone was asleep."Katie are you sure this is a good idea?" Michele asked looking frightened "don't worry Arachneia is a friend she won't set any spiders on us, I hope." We walked deeper and deeper into the forest until something zipped past Michele "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?" Michelle freaked out "a fairy." Zoey said looking amazed and disgusted "we're getting close." Clare said as we walked deeper. I took Clare here to meet Areachneia afew years ago because Arachneia wanted to meet her, but meet more like turned into eat. To our surprise the fairies were in thier disguise, they were looking beautiful."they are always like this at night, to lour men into there territory to have a feast." Zoey said like she was reading my mind. "Ugh what is all this stuff?" Michele got something like silver hair off of her body "spider Webb's." I said as I heard some humming not far away. "That's a familiar voice." We got closer and the webbs got denser, I looked up and saw Arachneia in her disguise lieing down on a Webb with a spider in her hands "I didn't expect you to be in your disguise." "Katie is that you?" She said barely looking, then she sniffed the air a little "you brought guests." she turned around and her eyes became flaming red "uninvited." She came near me at the speed of light and looked straight into my eyes "I cannot help you, what you seek to know is beyond my sight." "How did you-?" She laughed "you have been away from me for too long child, you have forgotten that I can read minds." "Yeah but I havent forgotten that you can track people wherever they may hide and show  the future and shit like that, you've done it before." "And that is when I stoped." She floated back to the spider webb where she was leing down "what if we told that this is a dark power I sensed." She looked at zoey and narrowed her eyes "a shadow dweller." "A what?" I do not know what is going on "ugh, you live with her and you didn't even notice, a shadow dweller is a person or a thing that can sense, mayby control if you are a strong one and stop the darkest power, my brother was a shadow dweller the heir to the thrown until I ate him and became queen." She said casually, clares mouth twitched, micheles eyebrows twitched and zoeys mouth was open, that is what happens when theses guys get disgusted."arachneia you have to help us." "Oh, fine I'll do it,follow me." We followed her to a deep dark place where there was nothing but fountain type of thing in it which was the only thing giving a faint purple light "so this thing, what does it do." "It shows you the future." Zoey answerd "okay so does it show some really cool stuff or, just stuff which will make you crawl under a blanket." Arachneia took a deep breath " this shows you sometimes the best, sometimes the bad and sometimes the worst." "Okay so-" before I could say anything else everyone's heads were dipped into the fountain. At first it was cool but then it became warmer and warmer until it was boiling hot, I opened my eyes and saw the school on fire and dead body's all over, I couldn't move, I saw David,Clare,Zoey and Michele all tied, bleeding and very badly hurt, in the distance I saw a dark figure walking towards me "await your fate Katie barberie" it was a woman's voice but it seemed very familiar "this is what awaits you everyone you ever loved will die and you cannot do anything about it, just remember all of this is thanks to a traitor." Suddenley all of us were thrown back hitting trees "Arachneia what was that I didn't get any sense out of that." She held out her hand a way to say,shut up"my work here is done." She simply waved her hand and a hundred spiders attacked "RUN!" Michele yelled" no kidding genious."I screamed as all of us ran. While we were running suddenly we were teleported to the main entrance of the school "good thinking zoey." "I didnt do that." Then who did?" I asked as Clare gulped "uhh guys." We looked where she was and saw professor Moreno staring down at us "oh crap."