Chapter 1 ;) <3

So I’m Avery Rose, I’m 18 years old. I happen to be like best friends with Daniel Sahyounie. We met online two years ago and began talking. I have talked to Daniel a couple times; I’ve been introduced to Beau and James through face time. By the way I also have Daniel’s number. Daniel and I have become really close but only really talk when he’s not busy. Anyway he has become like my brother, he knows about my crush on Luke, he tries to get me to talk to Luke but I’ve only talked to Luke once and it was on Daniel’s phone. It was the most awkward conversation ever. He’s a sweet and cute guy though. As I was in my own little world my ringtone went off, blaring Set This World on Fire. I smirked and looked at the caller: Daniel.

“Hello?”

“Avery?”

“Yah.”

“Avery, thank god, where are you? This is Beau by the way.”

“Oh Beau I’m home why? Are you okay? Is everything okay? You sound worried”

“I’m on my way it’s important.” Before I could respond he hung up. Weird. I wonder what happened. I roll out of bed and fix my hair and close my laptop. I walk down the steps and hear the doorbell ring. “Avery?” I hear Beau call out through the door. I walk to the door and open the door to Beau and Jai? “What’s up guys?” They look at each other. “You see, Daniel kind of went off on Luke because he um he said……” They looked at each other again. “Let’s go” They said in unison. I furrowed my eyebrows but they almost dragged me out of the house. I sat in the backseat of Beau’s car and he drove to Daniel’s house. I walk in to find Daniel on the couch sleeping with cuts on his face and bruises. I gasp and walk further into the house to find Luke sitting on a stool drinking a cup of coffee with cuts and bruises all over his face, hair disheveled. “Luke? Are you okay?”

“Avery? Oh my gosh Avery.” Luke said and stood up to hug me.

“Luke what happen and why is Daniel passed out on the couch?”

“Well you see I like you a lot and so does Daniel.” He looks at me with a smile on his face.

“You wha- Daniel what. Huh?” I said in utter shock. Luke. Luke Anthony Mark Brooks, the boy I’ve been in love with since 10th grade, the boy that rarely talked to me, said he liked me. Daniel, Daniel is a different story because yea I do love Daniel, but I don’t know if I love him like that I didn’t even know he liked me like that. “Avery I really like you, always have since 10th grade.”

“10th grade!” I shout. “10th grade? You’ve liked me since 10th grade?! I never noticed, I mean you ignored me, you talked about me, you bullied me Luke Anthony, I was best friends with one of your best friends and you still acted like I didn’t exsist. Now you have the nerve to say you like me!” I shout in frustration. I walk out of the kitchen and sit with Daniel. “Daniel?” I whisper. “Daniel. Danny, Skip, Come on Daniel wake up.” I say again. I start to get very worried and start to shake him, he doesn’t budge, I slap his cheek, nothing, and then I think. “Daniel, baby, come on wake up.” I say, nothing so I do the thing I would never think I would do, I kiss him. After about 2 seconds he starts to kiss back, jackpot. I pull away to be greeted by his beautiful brown eyes and his smile. “Avery.” He breathed out. I nodded my head. “Yes, Danny, Avery.” I said, grateful that my best friend is awake. “Aves, you’re a good kisser by the way.” He smirked. “Danny.” Yes I’m the only one that gets to call him Danny, he hates when everyone else says it but me; he says he loves when I say it because of my American accent. “Yes Aves?” He answers. “Since when did you like me?” He looked up at me with his brown eyes.  “Since I first met you, well since I first found you on Twitter, when we first started talking, I loved you quirkiness, your smile, your beautiful hazel eyes. I loved your personality, you were so gorgeous Avery.” He said with a smile on his face. I smiled and leaned down to kiss his cheek but he turned right before my lips met his cheek and kissed my lips. I smiled into the kiss and he laughed. I pulled away, only to hear,

“Skip talked about you all the time, he wouldn’t shut up about, ‘her eyes, her smile, her accent, her this, that’ it was cute at first then it got annoying.” Beau said with an upset Luke behind him. Luke pushed past Jai and Beau and walked out the door; I looked at Danny and walked out the door to go after Luke. He didn’t make it far and I found him on the corner of the street, with tears streaming down his face. “Luke.” I said. “Luke I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” I say feeling guilty. “Then why did you Avery. I stayed away from you because I thought I would make a fool of myself around you.” He said and walked away. I didn’t even follow him I just watched him walk out of my reach. Out of sight. I ran back to Daniel’s house, with tears streaming down my face, Danny saw me and grabbed my hand and pulled me into his chest. I just sobbed as he stroked my hair. “Aves, baby, it will be okay, I promise.” He promised, 7 months ago, before he got me pregnant.