Chapter Fourteen

*Jessie's P.O.V*

I had spent most of my day getting ready for Ed's concert tonight with my two best friends. I was really looking forward to it, but I was also really nervous at the same time because I would be meeting his close friends and some of his family- I had met some of them before but tonight it would feel a lot more formal. I mean, Ed and I aren't anything very serious, but they all know we date, so I am automatically worrying more about how I will come across. Holly and Clair were laughing at how worried I was about it all, and attempted to reassure me, but ended up stressing me out even more.

"Jessie you look beautiful!" They told me, as I flustered over my make up and hair. I chose to have my hair in loose beach style waves, and fairly natural make up, but with a touch of pink lipstick. We didn't have to be ready for a while, but after realizing how long it took me made me glad we began early. "Are you sure?" I asked them for the tenth time, still continuing to adjust my hair. Holly and Clair rolled their eyes, and nodded once again, whilst they proceeded with getting themselves ready. I helped my friends with their hair, and opened up the wardrobe to get out my already chosen outfit. I was glad I had bothered to go shopping as I genuinely had no other suitable clothes and was still struggling to find shoes to match. "Have a look at mine, Jess" Clair told me, pointing to the shelf next to where I was rummaging around in.

I loved being able to share clothes with my friends, it helped especially us all being similar sizes. Clair's shoe collection is immaculate, she has the most amazing killer heels and some really pretty flats as well. After a couple of minutes of deciphering, I decided to go for a mid heel nude wedge, as they weren't too casual, but not too dressy. The last thing I wanted was to have sore feet at a concert anyways, I had learnt from past experiences not to rock up in a pair of stillettos.. My two best friends were also wearing similar style shoes and outfits too, a nice top with a skirt. Myself and Holly always used to dress really similar on nights out from when we were teenagers- I look back at photographs and can't help but laugh at just how identical we were.

"The Taxi will nearly be here!" Holly called, an hour later, from the bathroom where she was applying her lipstick. I grabbed my bag and key card, pushing my friends out the door. We headed down to the lobby to find ourselves being stared at by those who were checking in, as they were dressed in sweatpants and T-Shirts whereas we were clearly all set for a night out. "We are on our way! xxx" I texted Ed once we were in the Taxi. Holly and Clair knowingly raised their eyebrows at me as my attention was fixed upon my phone. "I wonder what Ed's set will consist of tonight" Clair expressed; it had been an even longer time for her since seeing of gig of Ed's. "I think Little Bird is my favourite" Holly replied, waiting for me to say something. I personally adored all of Ed's songs as each one had such a relatable meaning, and a beautiful message behind the lyrics. My favourite was actually Kiss Me, but I knew Clair and Holly would snigger at that, so I tactfully kept my opinions to myself for the time being.

Ed replied as we were five minutes away from the venue, instructing us to use the back entrance so we could see him backstage. The gig didn't start for a good hour, and he had a support act so his set was still a while off. We pulled up at the small club where he was playing at, paid the driver and scrambled out the car, looking for where the right entrance was. The path beside the main door led us to the smaller door at the back, where a security guard was stood with a notepad. He asked us for I.D and we had all stupidly forgot to bring any, so Holly piped up that he should just speak to Ed because he had invited us. He did what she said, calling his name down the corridor. "What?" I heard a familiar voice respond, followed by the sound of echoing footsteps heading in our direction. A scruffy red head appeared around the door, grinning once he realized who it was. "Honestly," He told the security guard, "I did explain to you who would be coming mate". The guy at the door was very apologetic to all of us, and we just laughed in reply to his embarrassment, trying to assure him that it didn't matter.