Memories

The day they first met: cold October, 3rd year.

She was standing by the windowsill when they came in. She knew them as the troublemakers in her year. One of them was James Potter who annoyed Lily. And his friend was from the Black family who Ari feared. They froze when they saw her. It was past midnight and she shouldn't be here. Nor should they, for the matter. She saw them and her eyes widened. She took some steps backward and her back hit the wall.

"Are you okay?" Asked Lupin.

She nodded, slowly and walked towards the windowsill once more. A few seconds passed in silence as they stared at her. Then, her owl came flying to the sill and she took the letter. Moving towards the fireplace, she read it and quickly wrote a reply. After sending it off, she walked back upstairs to her warm dormitory.

The day Remus almost cried:

"I'm so sorry, Miss Flames."

"Lupin, I've told you! It was out of your hands. You have to stop apologizing. It's okay!" She smiled at him, reassuringly.

"But, Miss Flames-"

"Call me Ariana, please." She interrupted, grinning.

"Ariana, you have no idea about the scale of the damage I could've caused you!"

"Key word: could've. Well, you didn't. I was saved in time. Besides, I'm glad it happened, you know. I found friends. You people are awesome."

He was looking at her with his big round eyes. Then, he said, "The only reason you've forgiven me is that you're so nice. I'm a monster."

"Yes, you are. Every human is a monster. You should be glad there's no monster inside. You're such a pure person, Lupin. Never underestimate yourself."

"Well said." Said a voice behind them. They turned to see Sirius pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.

Ari laughed and Remus finally cracked a smile.

The day Minerva was in tears: Career Advice, 5th year.

"Mr Potter! We've been discussing your plans to join a team as Chaser since your 3rd year!" She cried.

"But professor, there's more to life than playing Quidditch. There are more and better things I can do for this world."

"What are you proposing?"

"I'd like to be an Auror." Said James.

"And you will be." She said.

-------------------

"Professor, I wanted to be a Healer." Said Lily. "But no hospital will take me... I'm a Muggle-born."

"But what will you do?"

"I'll take some basic subjects and return someday as a teacher. Meanwhile, I need to be trained for combat... for reasons we both know."

"I've raised them to be soldiers." She thought.

--------------

"Professor, I am a werewolf and there's not a single place which will hire me for anything."

Minerva wanted to deny but she couldn't.

-------------

"But Mr Pettigrew, you always wanted to carry on as an Astronomer!"

"Yes... but P...Professor... I... I can't look into the sky anymore. I fear I'll see the D.. Dark Mark."

"I fear that too." She thought.

---------------

"My family wants my blood." Sirius said, bitterly. "I intend to study as much which will help me survive and save."

"My brave Gryffindors." She thought, sadly.

--------------------

"No place would give me a job. I'm a Mudblood." Said Ari.

Minerva cringed at the word.
"Miss Flames..." She sighed. "What is that you want?"

"What I want was never a question, Professor. I can't get what I want."

"But what is it?"

"Auror."

"I will make you an Auror, if it's the last thing I do! I have contacts in the Office. You will be an Auror, I promise you, Miss Flames!"

"Thank you, Professor!"

"They are soldiers." She thought. "They are brave Gryffindors who wish to survive against all odds and to save the world. I'm so proud of my kids."

The day she scolded them: DADA OWL, 5th year.

"You fool!" She snarled. "What do you think you were doing!?"

"Nothing!" Said James, hotly. "Nothing special. I just hexed him, what's the big deal, Ari?"

"Big deal?" She repeated. "I'll tell you what the big deal is. Your hexing is getting out of hand! And you!" She pointed at Sirius. "You should stop being this sidekick, okay!?"

"She's in a bad mood, mate. Don't argue." Sirius told James as he opened his mouth to say something. He closed it.

"Talk to me when you grow up!" She stormed off to the dorm.

The day they apologized: same day.

"You're right." James said, sitting down beside her.

"Yeah, hexing is boring." Sirius sat on the other side.

"We'll be better boys." They said in unison.

"One. Don't do that. It freaks me out." She laughed. "Two. It's okay. Three. I'm sorry. I was in a bad mood so I overreacted... but I still stand by what I said."

"Why were in a bad mood?" Asked James, frowning.

"It's the day my parents and Lilyanna died." She said, quietly.

There was awkward silence.

Then, Sirius said, "Are you going to cry?"

"No." She sighed. "I'll just pray for them."

She loved Sirius. He was such a softie. And she loved James. His smile was so goofy and cute.

The day they grieved: Mrs Potter's funeral.

"Are you okay?" Sirius asked, his arm around her waist.

"Yeah, I guess." She sniffed. She was wearing a black satin dress with a large black hat that put a shadow on her pale face.

She took off her hat and placed it on the chair beside her. She put her head on Sirius' shoulder.

"This is the second time I'm losing a mom." She sobbed.

"Ari... the people that we love, never truly leave us. We can always find them in here." He pointed at her heart. She gave him a small, watery smile.

●●●●●

He had been right... they were all still there. In her heart and she knew that she knew that they had never truly left her.

A/N. Only Epilogue & Alternative Ending left.
Please vote and comment!
- Crystal.

P.S. This chapter is 1000 words!