chapter 1

So just a declaimer I do not own mortal instruments or anyone other then Lucinda everything else goes to the wonderful writer Cassandra Clara.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hall was a mix of old and new with old paintings of angels and demons and men and woman in black fearlessly fighting monsters then there are a set of double doors, wooden with intricate designs, I reach for the handles when they fly open and a horde of demons fly out I fly backwards smacking my head against a concrete floor and suddenly I'm in a dark ally.

I sit bolt upright in my bed drenched in sweat my sheets wrapped around my legs, but I push them off and stand on shaky legs before stumbling to the door then down the hall to the living room " Magnus" I call out and round the corner into the living room to see Magnus sitting on the loveseat with another boy.

I can feel the blood drain from my face and remember what Magnus said yesterday " I'm having a friend over tomorrow, so stay in your room I'll get you in the morning when he leaves. "

He keeps me from his clients and lovers to keep me safe not because he want me to be invisible. What should happen if a vampire or werewolf found out a mundane lived with the high warlock of Brooklyn? Now I just messed everything up with just a quick glance I could tell the boy was a shadowhunter. I could see the black marks swirling on his arms and neck. Shit, but Magnus didn't seem fazed he got up of the loveseat with a sigh and walked over to me " what's wrong sweetie?" He asked with a concerned smile " I had another dream" I whispered feeling embarrassed and guilty for being caught. "Go on and tell me then" he said and sat cross legged on the ground and pulled me into his lap.

I took a deep breath trying to forget about the shadowhunter then in one breath retold the dream with as much detail as I could. When I was done I look up at Magnus but he looked deep in thought looking at the wall over my head then nodded and sighed. "Wait! What's going on?" Asked the shadowhunter who was still sitting in the loveseat. " I guess this would have happened sooner or later" then he got up me in his arms as I yawned " I will explain but let me get Luce to bed first" he explained before carrying me to my bed and tucking me in.

I woke the next morning to the smell of chocolate pancake. What's the special reason for this after the last accident we only eat chocolate pancake on special days like birthdays and holidays. What's so special about today? I got out of bed and tried to tame my hair with my fingers then pulled it back into a messy ponytail before heading to the kitchen. When I got there last night came back as I caught a look at the shadowhunter sitting at the island on bar stool. Then I saw Magnus standing in front of the stove wearing a bright pink apron that said kiss the chief with two big lips on it I know this because I got it for him for Christmas a few years ago and ever since he has worn it every time he cooks.

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen both heads turned to look at me but Magnus was the first to speak " yeah sweetie pancakes are almost done" he said and turned back to the stove so I took a set on a stool opposite the shadowhunter " what's the special reason it's not my birthday, its not your birthday, and as far as I now its not a holiday, and frankly after last night I thought you would be mad at me." I said the last part in a mumble but nothing gets past Magnus he whipped around and pointed the spatula at me " why on earth would I be mad at you?" He asked I know what he was doing so I took the bait " because I came in when you had company and he" I pointed a finger at the shadowhunter " saw me and know he knows I live here too" I finished then turned to the shadowhunter " how does it feel shadowhunter to be the first to know our big secret?" I could hear the venom in my voice after I said it I regretted it.

Its not that I'm angry at the shadowhunter I'm angry at myself for giving away my big secret so with a sigh I turned back to the Shadowhunter " sorry" I said then I added " I'm just um I guess I'm just a little scared about what will happen now" he nodded seaming to understand then my attention when back to Magnus as he came over and wrapped me into a hug then I needed desperately " what will happen?" I asked he pulled back and looked down at me " I haven't been honest with you on what you are" he said looking at the ground and I felt my heart stop as I stammered " what do you mean? I'm not a mundane?" He chuckled " well you kind of are you are half mundane" he said his eyes still glued to the floor "and half what Magnus " I asked my voice raising when he didn't answer I asked again " half what Magnus" I was screaming and when he looked up I could see tears in his eyes then he answered " half angel" he said and it felt like someone had just sucked all the air out of my lungs and left me gasping for oxygen. When I didn't say anything immediately he said " I'm sorry Luce I should have told you. Your half human and half angel. Your a shadowhunter " When I still didn't say anything my mind still trying to understand the fact I was not normal. Magnus gave a sigh when I finally said " what do we or I do know" he gave me a small smile then said " WE are going to the institute after breakfast to talk to the head of the institute and Alec" he motioned to the shadowhunter who has been sitting quietly this whole time " is going to go ahead and let the others at the institute know that we are coming and brief them on what's going on" he finished then Alec got up and walked to the door and Magnus turned back to the stove clearly signalling that was the end of that.