chapter 7

The next morning was the first morning in almost a year since I woke feeling rested and happy the first night I didn't have a nightmare. I was startled by my phone (yes I have one Magnus just doesn't let me take it out of the house and really all I use it for is games and the internet) rang that's weird the only people that have this number are Alec, Magnus, and oh it must be a salesman well in that case he or she is getting an ear full for calling on a very good morning! I picked up the phone and pushed the answer button and pulled it up to my ear "who it this and where did you get this number?" I ingratiated thought the phone the voice on the other end made me smile and my heart flutteref instantly making my morning " its Simon and I asked Alec " it was Simon! "Is this how you greet all your friends?" He asked sarcastically "no it's just that the only people that knew this number where Alec and Magnus and since they were both either in the apartment or would have called Magnus then I thought it was a salesman and I was angry because I was having a good morning" I explained "so I ruined your morning" he asked in a hurt tone "no! You made it better" I said quickly then realized he was most likely kidding and felt stupid "so its Saturday you don't having training do you? I mean if you do I can go to the institute and after your training we could hang out I just-" "simon I don't have training over the weekend" I explained cutting him off "okay then can I come over or do you want to come over or we could meet up somewhere else or do you have plans do you want to reschedule I'm free anytime you want to hang" he continued on about dropping everything anytime I needed him. God he was adorable I smiled did he think we were a thing? Did he want us to be a thing? Do I want us to be a thing? Yes, yes I did I wanted us to be a thing so much. "Simon stop babbling you can come over anytime. You do know how to get to my house right?" "Yeah, I'll come over right know be there in half an hour" he said he was about to hang up I could tell his breath became fainter farther from the receiver but then he brought it back and added "I'll see you soon." Then he hung up. I sighed and layed back down, this was the best morning of my life!

Simon came over just as he said he would. I had just came down the hall when the door bell rang "I'll get it" I called and ran thought the kitchen and to the door throwing it open to see Simon standing in the door way with his hands in his pockets. As we walked into the kitchen I heard Alec ask "when does she ever open the door" Magnus smiled at us "apparently when he is the one who is at the door" he said and Alec looked back to see me and Simon standing there "we're going to my room" I said before either could protest and grabbed Simon's arm dragging him to my room. Simon stood in the door way looking at my room it was blue, blue bed, blue chairs, blue desk, the only thing not blue was the walls which were white. Simon smiled "I like it" he said simply I nodded feeling uneasy with Simon standing in the door way of my room judging it, this place was special it was mine. I sat on the bed and Simon followed sitting next to me "so" he said "um tell me some about you" I said and he nodded happy for some instruction "I'm Simon, I'm 16, I like the colour green, and I play in a band" the last part caught my attention "a band! That's so cool what do you play?" he smiled happy I liked that he was in a band "I play the drums" he said and I smiled again the drums weren't my thing but that was cool "what about you do you play an instrument" he asked and I shook my head "no Magnus presses me to but I can't find one I like" I said and he nodded then perked up and I could almost see the light bulb light up over his head "there's a store a little ways away we could go look" he offered and I nodded smiling "okay let's go" I stood getting my messenger bag but Simon took it from me and turned his back to me crouching down a little I took the hint and jumped up onto his back his hands holding onto my thighs. We walked through the kitchen Magnus smiled at me but Alec glared at Simon until we walked out the door. We walked down the street in silence with me still clinging to Simon's back.