chapter 14

I woke to the shuffling of fabric I figured Magnus and Alec must be up but the sound quickly stopped leaving the apartment silent. The next week went by simply all of us forgotten about Simon's crazed warning last week. Jace and I had grow together and Simon has been taking me out on dates more often, as well Magnus has been around a lot more and we spent every spare second together. I walked down the hall to find the kitchen empty and it was an odd sight after the last week where it was usually crowded at meal times with everyone getting ready for the day but know there was not a sound in the house and I realized with an empty feeling that I was alone. This was the first time I had been alone all week and it felt weird I felt like I was missing something, my family. I left the apartment in a hurry as the emptiness spread intending to get to the institute to train or just hang out with my second family and my brother.

I was making my way down the road making my way towards the alley I intended to cut through making my jog to the institute shorter. My mind was not with me but wondering to where Magnus was and why he had not told me he was leaving and why Alec had not been at the apartment when I knew he had slept there last night because he had came in with Magnus to as it pains me to say it, tuck me in, I cringed at the babyish term but with no better word I went with it. Had something came up at the institute? What kind of problem can called them out in the middle of the night? It was possible, but was it bad?

Screech.... Snap.... Crack...

Sounded from behind me and I flipped around looking down the dark alley behind me.

Snap... Crack... Slam....

Sounded from behind me know on the other side of the alley. I spun around searching the shadows looking for what made the noise.

Blam!

Explored from behind me and I flung around as a ringing took up in my ears.

"Know, know, know little Nephiliam what are you doing out without your cute little bodyguards?" A smooth baritone voice asked behind me I turned but again the alley was empty. I turned to run in the direction of the institute. "Oh no, where do you think your going?" The man asked again in his smooth voice then something slammed into the back of my head and everything went black as the mans voice drifted to my ears, "hush little baby don't say a word..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm back! Did you miss me? I know I didn't update all summer and I'm so sorry I had been packing for a move but I will try to update again before the 4th of August if not hopefully before the 10th of August but after that I go back to school.
Stay inspired
-C