5) Why Do You Wear Feathers In Your Hair?

Ft. Lily and Luna

Harry's POV
"Right." Lily took charge, like she had that night at Grimmauld Place, as we walked back from Hogsmeade. "First, we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find out."

"The Shrieking Shack?" Ginny suggested.

"It's too small." I said, smiling at her.

"Forbidden Forest?"

"Not bloody likely." Ron shook his head at Hermione's suggestion.

"Unused classroom?"

"Too risky, anyone could potentially walk in." Lily spoke to him over her shoulder.

"What about Minnie?" I turned to her, but she threw me a quizzical look and I remembered how Minnie had warned us to put our heads down.

"Twins? What happens if Umbridge does find out?" Ginny glanced between us.

"Who cares?" Hermione smiled maniacally. "I mean, it's sort of exciting isn't it, breaking the rules?"

Lily rolled her eyes, but there was a smile playing at her lips. "Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?" Ron asked.

I nudged Hermione and gestured to Lily smiling and she nodded, running up and throwing an arm around my sister's shoulders. She grinned wrapping an arm around her friend's waist. "Right, over the next few days, we should each come up with a couple of possibilities of places we can practice. We've got to make sure wherever it is, there's no chance she can find us."

"What about when?" Angelina Johnson spoke, walking alongside Fred. "It can't be within any if our Quidditch practice times."

The two girls ahead looked at each other for ideas. "We'll get the word round to you when we've found a time and place. And remember, don't go shouting to anyone what we're doing, you all signed that piece of parchment."

The group split apart and as I walked off with Em, Ron and Mione, I noticed Lily take Luna's hand and the two ran off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lily's POV

Jimmy's flexible limbs made him look like he was doing some weird, vulgar dance moves, the single leaf atop his head bouncing with the movement, giving Luna and I the giggles.

"I think what you're doing is really good, Lily." Luna commented, out of the blue. "It's about time someone did something about that hag, and who better?"

I shrugged, looking away from her penetrating gaze. "I guess."

"Well, why not you?"

"Because of what everyone's saying?" Finally, I met her painfully familiar gaze, memories of Draco swimming round my head. "They don't believe us, yet we give them lessons in how to defend themselves?"

"But they signed remember? They believed you and want to learn. You see." Luna sat down beside me, taking my hand in hers. "People do horrible things when it comes to fear, unspeakable, unimaginable things sometimes. You and Harry are giving them a way to control that fear."

Her face was mere inches from mine and I was struck dumb how Draco seemed to be forming before my very eyes, after weeks of avoiding him. I jumped back startled and my heart beating rapidly. "Lily, are you okay?"