Shanes POV:

To Drew,
I've realised just recently that hope and reality are never the same thing. I can hope all I want that you will feel something for me, but there's no saying that it will be true.

All the cuddles we have at night, a laptop balanced on my legs as we watch a film while huddled in several blankets and you'd rest your head on my shoulder or you'd lie down and snuggle into my chest. It was so cute when you did that.

We'd go for walks in the park and we'd talk all the way, and even when we didn't and it was silent, it wasn't uncomfortable but it was just perfect.

You would get more confident with the small actions, touching me more often, venturing further with just the small things. But I didn't understand the small things, I didn't want to misinterpret them.

I was so stupid. I did. I fell madly, deeply in love with you for all that you are and you're so beautiful Drew, why don't you see that?

I love how you'd tease me about anything and everything, small digs that meant nothing but ended in playful fighting that I absolutely loved.

It was amazing Drew and I was in love with every second of it and I was stupid enough to think that you were too.

But then it stopped.

Why did it stop Drew? You forgot about me and everything that we had, you never felt the same way about me did you? You would ruin it completely by moving to the side when I went to lean on you. You would say 'I love you' and then revert back to that stupid 'not in a gay way or anything'. That fucking hurt Drew. Do you know how much that hurt?

I know its stupid because we don't feel things in our hearts I know, but why is it that it aches? My heart physically aches and it runs through my whole body and the butterflies that once fluttered in my stomach are now replaced by a jabbing pain every single time I see your face.

Do you really know how much that hurt?

Well I'll tell you. It hurt to the point where I couldn't see you anymore, because I know that every time I did it would get worse. Every time you spoke in that gorgeous fucking voice of yours I would just melt in your arms and I can't have that Drew. Not again.

So this is my goodbye to you. I hope you have a good life and enjoy being with the person you truly love.

Who am I kidding? I don't want you to be with another person. But as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Goodbye Drew, I'll see you if you want to make amends.

~Shane.

....................
So oneshot number 3 is done! I hope you enjoy it:)

I have already completely obliterated my 'upload every day' promise so I'm not even going to try to make any more promises.

If you don't make them you can't break them I guess.

~ThePerksOfBeingJade