Drews POV: Animal I Have Become

I stared in wonder at the beautiful white wolf in front of me, too large to be your average wolf, too magnificent.

I had only come into the woods to sit at the edge of the lake, in the clearing right in the middle of the forest, only to find that it was already occupied.

Treading carefully, I tried to turn around and make my way back, but a stick breaking under my foot didn't allow for that.

Snapping its head around and jumping onto all fours, it let out a low growl and stalked towards me, staring with cold grey eyes. I was frozen to the spot, barely breathing with my eyes clenched shut, just waiting for something to happen.

But nothing did.

Warily opening my eyes I was shocked to find not a wolf, but my best friend Shane. His eyes slowly faded from the terrifying grey, back to the familiar warm green that I loved.

Riddled with confusion and awe, and maybe slight fear I looked questioningly at him. "What the fuck was that?" I asked, annoyed that he hadn't told me before. "How...? Why didn't you tell me? Can you just explain please." It wasn't an inquiry as such but a slightly more frustrated 'please tell me I'm not going mad'.

"I'm sorry Drew, I was worried you wouldn't take it well, I mean I turn into a wolf for gods sake!" He said giving a humourless laugh as he came to the end.

Rushing forward to give him a hug, I tilted my head up faintly to reach his height as I whispered to him: "It's okay Shane, it's fine. I'm sorry I got annoyed at you." I tucked my head into the crook of his neck, being tickled by the ends of his hair.

It reminded me of his pure white fur, dappled with dirt from sitting on the ground. He made a beautiful wolf.

"Shane? Could I see... I didn't really take much notice, could you...?" I asked, not quite sure what to say to explain. He smiled down at me and nodded taking a step back.

I watched in horror as his bones snapped and reassembled again, his limbs seeming to tear and shift, only to be knitted together a moment later. Surely it was painful!

But soon enough, a white wolf was padding over to me and I wasn't scared this time, instead I stared in wonder and excitement as he settled at my feet.

I sat on the ground, tilting my head as I hesitantly reached my hand up to the fur on his cheek, running my fingers through it and venturing elsewhere, stroking his velvet ears and the longer tresses on his chest.

Finally meeting his grey eyes, they no longer seemed cold, not now I knew who they belonged to. He leaned forward and licked my cheek making me let out a small giggle while he turned and lay down, resting his head in my lap.

I smiled a little, happy at this show of affection, and ran my hand from his head down to his back, grinning as he let out a growl when I stopped.

...................
The ending on this one was rubbish but I couldn't think of anything. Thank you for reading oneshot number 4!

I hope you enjoyed this and I will see you soon with number 5:)

~ThePerksOfBeingJade