The New Camera (Jameron J Sad/Cute)

Ship: Jack Johnson x Cameron Dallas

Cameron wants to take pictures of Jack, but Jack won't let him because of his insecurities.

- - -

Cameron groaned as a loud knock rang through the apartment he shared with his boyfriend Jack Johnson. Someone was at the front door, so Cameron rolled off the sofa and raced to open it. A delivery man handed over a square parcel and Cameron excitedly took it inside.

He sank back down on the leather sofa and ripped off the brown packaging to reveal a cardboard box. He pulled it open and under loads of bubble wrap sat his new camera. He'd waited ages for it to arrive.

"Jack! My new camera's arrived!" Cameron called along to their room. He turned the camera on and moved it around the room to get a feel for it. Jack padded into the room in swimming trunks and a large towel wrapped over his shoulders, covering his torso. He'd just come back from a swim in their apartment complex's shared pool and his wet, blonde hair was sticking up at various angles.

"Nice," Jack smiled. "How is it?"

"Great! I'm going to be able to make such better videos with it," Cameron grinned and pointed it at Jack. "Let's test it now. I'll take some sexy pictures of you."

"Test it on something else," Jack frowned. "I'm wet."

"Don't be silly," Cameron smiled as the camera focused on Jack. "Guys look hot with water rolling down them, so drop the towel, sexy."

"I don't want to," Jack said sternly.

"C'mon," Cameron coaxed. "I need to test it."

"I said no," Jack shouted and stomped from the room towards their bedroom.

"Where are you going?" Cameron called after him. "I was only messing around."

He heard the bedroom door slam. Shaking his head, he put the camera down on the coffee table and stood up. He had no idea what was going on with his boyfriend.

Cameron went along to the bedroom and knocked softly on the door.

"Jack?"

"Just leave me, Cameron," Jack said from inside, sounding defeated.

"Not when something's clearly bothering you. I'm coming in."

Jack didn't say anything as Cameron pushed open the door and stepped into their bright bedroom with bay windows overlooking sunny LA. He was sat on the other side of the double bed with his back to Cameron, hunched over and still wrapped in the white towel, his head lowered.

"Jack, what's wrong?" Cameron asked gently.

Jack didn't answer, so Cameron got onto the bed and crawled over. He knelt behind him, but slightly to the side. He could see the sun lighting up the side of Jack's pale sad face, his blue and green eyes looking unusually dim.

"Jack," Cameron urged. "Please talk to me. I'm sorry for whatever it is I did."

"You didn't do anything," Jack said quietly. "It's me."

Cameron started to get an uncomfortable feeling in his stomach.

"What's you?" Cameron asked. "What happened back there?"

"I don't really want to talk about it."

"Why?"

Jack twisted abruptly and looked at Cameron with sadness distorting his features. "Because my body's ugly, okay? I'm thin and ugly and I don't want a shirtless picture taken of me. I don't even know why you'd want to take pictures of me anyway."