Triangles..

Chapter 1

I was sitting in the coffee shop, as the barista took my order.

"The names Zayn. " she nodded, and tossed the cup with my name, to a man. Shouting my order. I stepped to the side, letting the guy behind me, get his order. After a moment, I heard my name, and I reached in my pocket, grabbing the money. We switched items, and I nodded. Saying a soft, "thank you." and turning around to walk away. I looked around for an empty table, when I looked to my right. She sat at the table, resting her head on her hand. Her short dark hair, falling onto one shoulder. She grasped the warm cup in her hand, and to a sip. She looked like she needed it. I walked up to her.

"Is this seat taken?" I asked softly. She shook her head no, and smiled. Once I had sat comfortably in the seat, she extended her hand.

"Hi, I'm Kayla. Nice to meet you." She said in a soft voice.

I excepted and said, "I'm Zayn. And it is nice to meet me."

She gave me a look, and raised her eyebrow. "I kid!" I said raising my hands in the air, in defeat. She giggled. "So. Do you live around here?" I asked.

"Yes. I've lived her for about four years. And yourself?"

"Oh, I'm the Bradford, bad boy, " I made guns with my fingers and swung my arms up and down, "I kid, again. I was born here." I said, with a soft laugh. She smiled and nodded. She brought her cup to her lips, and inhaled before taking a sip. "You look tired. Have, you slept much lately?"

She shook her head no, before saying, "No, my roommate, is moving out. I'm helping him, pack and move his things. " I nodded.

"Does, your roommate's name, happen to be Niall?" She nodded, and raised an eyebrow. "My mate, Niall, has a roommate named Kayla, and I was just wondering."

"Wow. It is a small world, after all. " she giggled. "Well, do you wanna come over? Niall is at the flat." she smiled, standing up.

"Sure! " I smiled and stood up. She giggled and walked, towards the door. I followed. Once we got out the door, I caught up and walked beside her. "So, how are you dealing with loosing your roommate?" I asked, staring at my feet as we walked. Matching my footsteps with hers.

"It'll be sad and first but I'll get used to it. He is a pretty loud person. I've lived with him for four years I would know. " she laughs. "That and I won't have to clean up after him. "

I chuckled. "When he comes to my flat, I usually, hear him before I see him. So I understand." she giggled. We walked, passed a big, building. The bakery. And within minutes we were at her flat. "Wow. That was fast."

"Yeah, we don't life that far away. Of we did do you really think, Niall, would have let me walk?" I shook my head, "Did think so." she laughs, turning the nob, and pushed the door open. "NIALL!" she yelled.

"What do you want, Kayla!?! I'm kinda busy here!" he replied, popping into the room. "Oh, hey mate."

"Aye." I replied.

"What's, Zayn doing here?" he asked her.

"Well, I was at Starbucks, and we walked up to me. He said he knew you, and he walked me home." she said, and then smiled. He chuckled.

"She's mine." he whispered, to me. I chuckled, knowing he was joking. But, why would I care? I just meant this girl. I turned to, Kayla. "I should be going." she nodded.

"Phone?" she said holding her hand out.

I slowly obliged and handed her my phone, she unlocked it. I saw her fingers flying across the screen. She was typing really fast, and then, I heard her phone go off. It was one of our songs.

"You listen to us?" I asked.

"No, not really. Niall told me he was in a band, but I never really listened to the until about a week ago. They, you guys, are pretty good. And Niall stole my phone one day, and filled it with the songs. " she giggled. I chuckled and she handed my phone back. I looked and saw she sent herself a message. So she had my number.

"Well, phone me sometime.?" she said, almost asking. I nodded and smiled, tinting to the door, and opening it. "BYE NIALL!" I yelled. closing the door behind me. As I walked back to my car, I started thinking about this girl. Kayla. This is going to be interesting...

**

I grabbed my, phone, and slid it into my back pocket. "Niall, I'll be back in a little. Heading to the coffee shop!" I stated before walking out of the house. I made my way down the sidewalk, towards the shop. My bum vibrated, as my phone went off. I pulled it from my pocket and unlocked it.

*1 new message*

I clicked open, and read it before even looking at who it was from.

*Hey, you look good in those jeans, there, babe.* I stood there for a moment before looking up and turned around. I noticed a figure about twenty feet from me. I let my eyes focus, around the bright sunlight. It was Zayn. That's his name right? Yeah, it is. mean I've known and been talking to him for about, three weeks. I suck at names. I looked down at my phone, as I turned around, and saw it was from him. I giggled to myself. Continuing walked I replied. *well, thank you. I'm heading to the shop, wanna join?*

I laughed as I sent it. I quickly got a reply.

*well, stop walking silly.* I giggled again, and stopped walked. I heard footsteps behind me, and then, a hand touch my shoulder. I began to walk again, and I looked up at him.

"Well, hi there. Didn't know I'd see you." I said, with a laugh.

"There are a lot of things, you don't know about me."

"Oh, really?" I said lifting an eyebrow. "Well, we'll just have to settle this, whole stranger thing at the shop." he chuckled. I think I'm going to enjoy today.