Chapter 1

Jess' POV
Sam and I are in our last class of the day: History. Awful class. Today, if Sam can get that last A we get our car, problem is, he has to get it giving his family genealogy report on our great great grandfather and to make matters worse, Sam and I have never been great speakers.

I didn't even bother waiting for him to get his grade, I already had my bag, anticipating my quick departure, so I just went straight out to dad's car and hopped into the backseat.
"Hey Star! How's school?" My dad asked. "Eh. School is school there's always something I'd rather be doing." I replied emotionless. "Says Ms. Straight A student." "Yeah whatever. I still don't like it." I brush off lightly. He chuckles, "Who does?" Then I turn to my right to see a VERY excited Sam running from the school.
"Yes! I got an A-!" Sam yells.
"Woah, woah, woah I can't see." Dad says trying to read the paper Sam is flailing around.
"It's an A-, but it's still an A right? So we're good?"
"You're good." Dad agrees.
"Yes!" I say quietly fist bumping Sam.

We drove towards a Porsche dealership and then into the parking lot. 'He wouldn't. Being the cheapo he is.'
"I got a little surprise for you." Dad says as we pull through the lot. "No! No! No! No! Dad! Oh you've gotta be kidding me!" Sam exclaims oblivious. "Yeah, I am. You're not getting a Porsche!" He says as he starts laughing, pulling straight through and into a junk car dealership called "Bobby Bolivia's". I'm chuckling on the inside. Gullible Sam. We park and get out. We were stopped by the guy who introduced himself as Bobby Bolivia and he started talking with them. I just went off to see if there was actually a car in this junk heap. I looked around and my eyes caught the 1967 yellow Chevy Camaro with black racing stripes.

"Ooh. This is worth something." I walked towards the drivers side lightly dragging my fingers on the hood as I passed. "But what would such a sexy body be doing in a place like this?" I said half jokingly, but half entirely serious.

The car seemed to shiver. I took notice but payed no attention. I got into the driver's seat and looked around. The interior was nice. Even for the old junker it was. Custom yellow and black seats. I put my hands on the wheel and my eyes caught sight of the middle where some dirt was. I wiped the dirt off to reveal a strange robot face type of insignia. "You're different...and definitely worth more than they'll sell you for." I said to the car and heard a slight whir. Weird. Because the key was in the ignition but it was still off.

Sam, dad, and that Bolivia guy came over so I got out, but even Bolivia seemed confused, whether because of how the car got there or why it was there in the first place. He even started questioning his employee trying to find out where it came from.

All the more reason to think something's up..."How much?" I asked.

"Well, considering the semi-classic nature of the vehicle, with the slick wheels and the custom paint job-" Bolivia started.

"Yeah but the paint's faded." I point out.

"Yeah, but it's custom." Bolivia says.

"It's custom faded?" Sam asks.

"Well this is your first car, I wouldn't expect you to understand. 5 grand." Bobby says to dad.

"No, I'm not paying over 4. Sorry." Dad says as they all walk over to a different car. 'Giving up so quickly.'

I lean to the window of the Camaro. "Hey," I start only half believing something weird was actually happening. "I don't know what you are or what's going on, but if you don't do something it's not gonna happen, and I'll never see you again." I said to the car, partially feeling like an idiot.

The door opened on its own and all my doubts were erased in an instant. 'Well, I've committed now.' I got in and the door closed.
"Greater than man" comes from the radio. A high pitched sound came from it and all the cars windows in the lot shatter. Except the Camaro's. I open the door and step out.

Bolivia looks around for a bit looking completely dismantled and turns to look at us, "four thousand!"

My jaw drops and then I smile, coming to terms with what just happened. I looked down at my new car with a slight laugh, "Well, I guess that worked."
'Violent, but it worked... I love it.'