Chapter 1

January 9, Thursday.

Tyler's POV:

Josh and I finished eating lunch and near it was a record shop. We decided to check it out cause it looked pretty cool, and we had a lot of spare time. We walked about a block down and a girl with 2 huge boxes walked passed us.

"Excuse me," she mumbled.

I ran up to the door and opened it for her because she didn't have any spare hands. Our eyes locked and she gave me a weird look. I feel like I recognize her from somewhere.

"Thank you," she smiled, and I nodded back.  She looked so familiar.

"Dude is that Leah?" Josh asked.

"Wait what? Really? I haven't talked to her in so long," I said, glancing over at her. She had straight brown hair that was pulled back with two strands of hair that framed her face, and wore leggings with docs on her feet and wore a loose white tee paired with a denim jacket.

Leah and I broke up, on good terms luckily, because we were just both too busy. We dated for 2 years after she left and then we broke up. It hurt a lot. She was my first love. Like actual love. I loved her a lot.

"Talk to her or something. Ask her how she's doing," Josh said looking through some of the stuff.

"What no. We don't even know if it's actually her or not," I argued.

"That's why you gotta go talk to her," Josh sighed.

"But-"

"Man up and talk to her."

"Josh I-"

"You loved her a lot right? And you guys got off on good terms right?"

"Okay fine," I said.

"Hey. Um are you by any chance Leah Flores? Like-"

"Yeah. Tyler, it's me," she laughed.

"I knew it," I smiled, "How did you know it was me?"

"You haven't really changed," she smiled.

"But you, youlook way different," She did look different. She looks more matured and grown up, "So what've you been up to? You still live here?"

"Yeah. I live pretty close from here actually. How about you?"

"Yeah. I live here and so does Josh. So you work here."

"Yeah, I own the store actually. How about you?"

"Josh and I are in a band and we've been actually working on our new album."

"That makes my job look weak," she laughed," What's your band called?"

"Twenty One Pilots," I smiled.

"I'll remember to check you guys out later then," she smiled back.

"According to my mom, we're pretty cool," I laughed. She giggled and smiled at me.

"I'm sure you guys are great."

"So you work here? It looks really cool."

"Yeah. It's a pretty fun job and I enjoy it a lot. Probably not as cool as being in a band, but I enjoy it anyways," she laughed.

Me just talking to her makes me remember of all the memorable things we've done. She was a pretty big part of my life and it's funny how I just randomly bump into her.