Chapter 3

Leah's POV:

"Fuck it. Let's do it. I'm tired of being too scared," Isabella said.

We stood outside of a salon. She's been talking to me about how she wanted short hair. She's never had a haircut in years except trims. Her hair reached her hips. I jokingly promised her that one day if she did it, I would dye my hair platinum grey.

"Wait really?" I responded.

"Yeah. As long as you dye your hair grey, like what you said. What is there to lose?"

Oh my god, what? I was joking when I told her that a few weeks back. But, whatever makes her happy.

"If it's what you want, let's do it," I smiled.

We walked into the salon and asked the lady at the front desk for assistance. One girl took me to one side, and the other girl took Bella to the opposite side of the salon.

"How was your day today? I'm Jess," The lady with the long brown hair said.

"It was good. I'm Leah," I smiled.

"Good, so you want to dye your hair am i correct?" she responded.

"Yeah, um," I said while I pulled up a picture on my phone, "like this. Platinum grey."

"Ooh. That'll be really cool. Just a lot of bleaching will that be okay?"

I really didn't want to damage my hair.
But whatever makes Isabella happy, I'll do it.

"Yeah. That's fine."

"Okay shall we get started?" she smiled. I nodded in return.

-Later-

After several hours of bleaching and dying my hair, it was finished. And I loved it.

"Holy shit," I said, as I looked in the mirror, "I love it. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Yeah, it looks pretty badass if you ask me," she smiled.

"Thank you so much," I said. She smiled back at me.

"LEAH!HOLY SHIT YOURE OLD!" Isabella yelled as she ran towards me. I laughed.

"YOU'RE HAIR IS GONE!" I laughed, "It's so cute and short. It suits you a lot. You looks great."

Her hair really was nice. It was a bit longer than mine.

"Thanks. I love it too. But you-you look badass. I dig it," she giggled.

"Thanks," I smiled.

We walked up to the counter and paid, and walked out as happy customers.

I pulled my phone out and snapped a picture if us and captioned it, "I was joking." I posted it on instagram.

"I feel like a whole new person,"
Isabella said.

"You did it. I feel like a proud mom," I said as i ruffled her hair. She immediately swatted my hand away.

"Don't touch the art," she said as she fixed her hair.

"Alright, Picasso," I giggled.

"You wanna go get something for dinner?" she asked.

"In n out would be great," I said.

"Let's go," she said.

-One double double, animal style fries, and neapolitan milkshake later-

"I'm so stuffed. I haven't eaten that much in a month," I said, as I got into the drivers seat.

"Me too. Oh well, I deserve it," she smiled.