Chp 6

NIALL

Why was Ali crying? What had I done wrong? She just ran off without any explanation. I ran after her, but she was running too fast. I sighed. Why did I care anyway? I had Elena, and everything's had been going great. My phone buzzed. It was a text from Elena.

From: Elena <3

Hey babe miss youuu

I stared at it blankly. Elena had been sending me these texts everyday. Seriously, I saw her 4 hours ago. I guess it was really sweet, but when we're together, I just....I didn't feel anything. No sparks. No butterflies. Nothing. But when I was around Ali, I just...I don't know. She makes me happy. Being around her makes me smile. Her presence lights up the place, where ever she is. Was I starting to have feelings for her? No, I thought. I can't. I'm dating Elena. Me and Ali are just friends.

Elena was absolutely gorgeous, but for some reason, I thought inside she was really shallow. I should know her better. Maybe she does have a deep side, but I just haven't seen it yet, I thought. I walked home, while contemplating all my thoughts.

***

"Since you did such a great job showing Niall around, I think you should show Harry around, too."

What? I thought. I slowly peered into the principal's room. Ali was standing with another guy, Harry, I suppose. He had brown, curly hair, and was a lot taller than Ali. I couldn't see his face. I looked at Ali. She looked pretty happy.

"No problem! I'll make sure he doesn't get lost or anything." she replied to the principal.

"I'm sure I'll be fine with a smart girl like you." Harry said to Ali. She blushed.

He was flirting with her! Such a cheeky guy. I clenched my fists. Why did I care? I should just leave her alone. I just stood there, not realizing the two of them had walked out of the office.

"Oh hey, Niall! What are you doing here?" Ali asked brightly. Crap. I turned around to face her. There she was standing, looking as beautiful as ever. I glanced at Harry, who was giving me an intense stare.

"Uh-um- I was going to see Mr. Williams about..um...my schedule?" I said. She didn't look convinced, but she let it go.

"Ok, well see you later. Tell the English teacher that I'm going to be late, ok?" I nodded curtly. She walked off, while chatting with Harry. He looked down at her and smiled. She smiled back. I sighed.

"NIALL!" I turned around. Elena came running towards me, looking beautiful as ever. She hugged me, a bit too tightly. I hugged back. She pecked me on the cheek.

"Hey Elena!" I said, smiling at her.

"I missed you so much! I'll see you later, ok!" And with that, she ran away towards maths. I walked to English, the whole time thinking about not Elena, but Ali.

ALI

Harry was hot. Seriously.

This morning, Mr. Williams wanted me to show the new student around.

"Ali!" he called. I turned around.

"Hi, Mr. Williams!"

"Hello dear! Can you come into my office for a moment?" Oh no, I thought. I'm not in trouble am I? I walked into his office. Sitting on one of the fold up chairs was probably one of the most hottest guys ever. His curly brown hair was messy, and was swept aside. His sea green eyes were deep and beautiful. He had a strong build, and he was gorgeous. He sat there casually and comfortably. My jaw dropped, but I quickly closed it. He looked up at me and smiled. Dimples, I thought. I smiled. I always loved dimples.