Chp 10

I wrap my hands around his neck and pull him closer. Our lips moved in perfect sync, like they were made for each other. Like we were made for each other. He lifted me onto the counter, our lips not breaking contact. Butterflies swarmed in my stomach. Our kiss was slow and passionate, and full of emotion. I played with the ends of his hair with one hand, and gently tugged. He moaned slightly, and I smiled. We broke away, breathless, our foreheads touching. Wide smiles were on both of our faces.

"Ali," he whispered.

"Mhm," I continued playing with his hair.

"That," he gave me a small peck on the lips. "was amazing."

I nodded, not able to say anything. So instead, I leaned in to kiss him again.

The rest of the time, we cuddled on the couch and talked. A movie was playing on the TV, but we weren't really watching it. It felt so nice to be so close to Niall, to have his protective arms around me, to have him kiss me at random times. And every time, my heart would swell, happiness filling my body. Sometimes, I would be watching the movie. Out of the corner of my eye, I would see him staring.

"What?" I would ask. He would just smile, and say,

"You're beautiful, that's all."

When the movie ended, Niall leaned to kiss me again. His soft lips moved against mine, his hands were on my waist. I pulled away.

"Niall...what-what are we?" I asked timidly.

"I want you to be my girlfriend." He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I smiled.

"Okay." He smiled too, and pecked me on the lips one last time.

"I should probably get home. It's getting late now." I nodded. We both stood up, and walked to the door.

"Hey, let's not tell anyone at first, okay?" I asked.

"Okay. We'll let others know whenever you feel comfortable." He opened the door, and kissed my cheek. We said our goodbyes, and I closed the door. I leaned against it, and sighed. I couldn't have been happier.

I shut off all the lights, and ran upstairs. I brushed my teeth, then went to bed. I snuggled in the covers. My phone buzzed.

Niall: Goodnight beautiful :) x

I smiled.

Ali: Night :) xx

I turned over in my bed, and slowly drifted off into sleep.

***

NIALL

"Honey, we're moving to London."

"What? Why?" I asked my mum. I must have been 12 or 13 at the time.

"Because your dad got a great job promotion, and it's in London. Are you alright with that?". Mum looked at me with serious eyes.

I munched on my sandwich. "Yeah, sure. London's cool." I went to my room, and sighed.

~

"Hi! You're the Irish guy, right?" I turned around. A guy with straight brown hair asked me.

"Yeah, who are you?"

"I'm Liam." he stuck out his hand. I shook it. How odd, so formal at only 15.

"So when did you move here?" he asked.

"3 years ago." I replied.

"What? I thought you were new!" I laughed.

"Well, I was a long time ago."