Prologue

"Mommy? Why are you leaving me? Who are these people," my voice was small in my throat.

"It's just temporary, don't worry sweetheart, you're safe here, you'll be okay," my mom said looking down at me briefly before talking to the man behind the counter.

"She screams," I overheard my mom say.

"Screams how?" The man asked.

"She wakes up in the middle of the night, she looks so dangerous for an 8 year old girl and she screams at the top of her lungs," my mom explained.

It felt bad, like something wasn't right here in this place and I did not want to stay and find out.

"Mommy, when are we leaving?" I asked quietly.

"Shh, sweetie," she placed a hand on my hair.

"Only at night?" The man asked.

"Her teacher says, that she will blank out and next thing you know she's screaming, and when she comes round, she doesn't even remember doing it," my mom continued to explain.

The bad feeling in my gut grew when I slowly turned around to look at the clock. I could hear it ticking over the mans words. I didn't want to stay, I won't stay, mommy won't make me stay.

"Okay sweetie, are you ready?" My mommy's words echoed in my ears.

"Ready?" I repeated, confused.

My shoe laces weren't in my shoes anymore and they took my necklace, and my butterfly hair tie.

"Mommy, what's happening?"

There were tears brimming her eyes and she squatted down to my level.

"Ma'am, it's time," a tall scary man said.

"Mommy, I don't want to go with him! I wanna stay with you! Mommy please! Don't make me go with them!" I cried, realizing what was happening.

I tried to fight against the mans hand, but there wasn't much I could do, so instead I screamed at him, and he retracted his hand and covered his ears and my mom did too. I didn't mean to be a bad girl, I wasn't trying to be mean, why did she want to send me away?!