the foxes hunt the hounds.

CHAPTER EIGHT
Song: Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy

Mira had gone to sleep reluctantly that night, Octavia hadn't come back and she wasn't sure she had been there when they launched the flares. In fact Mira hadn't seen her tent mate since they had been arguing with Bellamy about the pod. She tried to wait up for her to make sure she was okay but eventually she gave in to her exhaustion and fell asleep. She hadn't been getting enough sleep lately, and even when she did she was always being woken up, and this time was no different. She jumped awake when she felt her body being gently shaken and heard Bellamy's anxious voice.

"What is it Bellamy?" she groaned, closing her eyes again and turning away from him.

"Have you seen Octavia?" he asked anxiously.

Mira peeked one eye open to look at Octavia's unmade bed. The sheets were thrown everywhere but Octavia was not among them. She sighed and pushed herself into a sitting position. She shivered and rubbed her bare arms. She resisted the urge to pull the covers up to her chin, considering she wasn't wearing a bra and her tank top had moved around as she slept, so it was hanging lower than usual on her chest, not to mention she wasn't wearing any pants, just her underwear, but her blanket covered her bottom half. Her jeans were too uncomfortable to sleep in. Bellamy seemed too worried to notice her clothing though and even if he had, he was doing a good job of averting his eyes.

"I thought she would've been back by now," Mira answered.

Bellamy ran a hand over his face in frustration. He sheepishly apologised for waking her up and got up to leave.

"Wait!" Mira shouted after him, making him spin around. "I'll help you look for her, just leave so I can change," she offered.

Despite his worried state, he smirked. "Don't know, Sweetheart, you're looking pretty good in just that," he flirted playfully.

Mira scoffed and grabbed her jeans nearby, throwing them at him. He caught them, laughing childishly and threw them back to her. As soon as he left Mira quickly changed, she cursed at herself for loosing her jacket as she couldn't stop shivering. She grabbed her sword, along with the usual two knives, she tucked them in her usual spots before leaving her tent. Bellamy was waiting impatiently outside and held up her jacket. She laughed and thanked him before shrugging it on.

"Where did you find it?" she asked.

He shrugged. "Some girl picked it up thinking it was hers. I had to argue for a good five minutes before I could finally convince her it didn't belong to her though."

"Thanks," she said again, almost not believing that he'd bothered to do that for her. "Um, you should check the drop ship for Octavia, I'll check the tents." Bellamy nodded and made his way to the drop ship.

Mira went from tent to tent, apologising to lots of campers she accidentally woke up. Asteria had insisted on helping, even though her and Octavia had only talked once. They were about to check the next tent when Mira froze, realising it was the one Cory shared with Jasper and Monty. She thought for a moment that she didn't have to check it, but remembered that Octavia and Jasper were close, actually very close seeing she had kissed him. Asteria sensed Mira's moment of hesitation and gave her a nod and tight smile for encouragement. Mira smiled back before poking her head inside the tent. One head from the beds poked up, the other two were sound asleep.