Chapter Five

Trish's P.O.V.

I walked up to Austin's door and knocked loudly.

Austin opened it and let me in. "Why are you here?" he asked.

"Hello to you, too," I said. 

"Hello," he replied.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm here because Ally didn't mean to drop out on you. She actually really wants to play." No need for the backstory. I got right to the point.

He frowned a little. "But she said she had something."

I sighed. "And now she doesn't! So go and ask her again!"

Austin looked confused. "But what if she quits again?"

"Then you ask her until she says yes again." I pushed him a little so he would go out the door.

"And if she says no again?"

I turned around and counted to three. "Just go already!"

Austin smiled a little and jumped out the door. I swear he did that just to get on my nerves.

Ally's P.O.V.

I saw Austin walking towards the store. I waved at him. "Hey Austin!'

He waved back nervously. "Hey," he said.

I got off my stool and walked up to him. "What are you doing here?"

He shifted onto his other foot. "Um, well, Trish kind of forced me to come," he managed to get out.

"Why?"

Austin suddenly was very interested in his shoes. "Well, uh. she said that you didn't actually want to bail on me," he started.

I face palmed myself. "Yeah. Yeah, so why did you tell me that?" Leave it to Trish to take charge of things.

"And I wanted to ask you if you still wanted to be my pianist?" he asked in a small voice.

Austin looked at me for an answer. "Sure," I said. He seemed relieved.

"Um, and I wanted to ak if you wanted to go-" Austin glanced back at his shoes again. "Go to the afterparty with me?"

"No problem!" I replied. He grinned.

"Okay. Pick you up at seven then," he said, leaving.

I didn't know why Austin was so nervous about asking me that. 

Trish's P.O.V.

Ally told me the whole story. When she finished, I smiled mischieviously. "Ally? Do you want to know why Austin was so nervous?"

She nodded.

"He still likes you! Haven't you seen it?" I didn't see it but Austin had told me so himself so I guess I just took his word for it.

"He still likes me?"

I grinned. "Yep. No dip, Sherlock." And if Ally liked Austin, then my job would be done.

Ally started talking to herself. "Do I still like him?"

Yes, I thought.

"Should we get back together?" she muttered silently.

Yes, I thought.

She looked at me. "Trish, what do you think?"

"Yes," I said, finally voicing my thoughts.

Ally got up. "Then I'm gonna do something about it."