Seventeen: Luke's Birthday Gift

Doing a massive update!

Chapter 17 Luke's Birthday Gift

Luke

Time was going past really quickly, and before anyone could catch their breath, July came around. During those few months, we did a shit load of awesome stuff, like our East Coast Tour in May, the releasing of our Unplugged acoustic EP, our appearance on Nova radio; everything began to feel much more realistic. This was no longer just a dream, we were almost there. In fact, a small push to get us internationally known would've been ideal.

Calum's brother decided not to go to England, and the family was reconciled. It was quite an emotional moment for them all, as what once was a broken home was now fixed. That meant that he was really happy, pretty much all of the time, and that brought a lovely atmosphere to our rehearsals. He wrote a lot more and came to me with ideas for guitar riffs, and we would discuss them with Michael and Ashton before actually creating the song. Things were going really well.

"Guys, for my birthday do you all wanna come over? We can order pizza or something," I asked whilst we were packing away.

"I'm in," Michael said. "Anything to do with pizza, you should always count me in!" I turned to Ashton who was eating a chocolate bar by the drum kit in the garage.

He smiled and nodded. "Of course, it's your 16th man," he said with a wink. Lastly, I looked at Calum. He didn't reply at first so I got really worried, but then he laughed.

"Your face Lucas... c'mon, do you think I'd miss it? I wouldn't miss anything to be there." I put an arm around his shoulder and smiled. Damn I loved this boy so much. I swear, I didn't care what it took, I'd somehow marry him. Having said that, I still hadn't thought of his punishment from our trip to Adelaide; it'd slipped my mind during the past few months due to how busy we were.

"Cool guys. See you this Saturday then."

~

Saturday came. Calum arrived first with a big rucksack, a sleeping bag having been stuffed in there. I'd told him there was no need because he could just share my bed but he still brought it.

"The others are taking a while to get here aren't they?" Calum said idly, laying on my bed next to me. I made an incomprehensible noise in response and continued to scroll on Twitter, pausing to watch Vines of our band and look at pictures. In some of them, you could see the closeness between me and Calum, so I screenshotted them before putting the phone down. Calum's eyes were shut. I moved closer to him and held his nose so he couldn't breathe; and then he got up and pounced on top of me.

"Whoa there," I chuckled. He had his mischievous smile whilst leaning in for a kiss. We shared a pretty long one before the doorbell finally rang, and two wildebeest came bounding up the stairs. One of them was chanting 'pizza' repeatedly, and the other was telling the chanting one to shut up.

As soon as they walked in, they walked out again. "Okaaaaay we did not need to see that!" Michael exclaimed awkwardly. We could hear Ashton's giggles through the closed door, the contagious ones that were too cute to be real. Calum got off me and hollered 'we're decent', which earned him a playful slap from me, and the other two came in.

"So, when are we getting pizza?!"

"Six. I was thinking, we could go down to the park until then. I know it's kinda cold but I dunno. What do you guys wanna do?" I asked.

"Park sounds good," Calum replied.

"Yeah," Ashton followed.

"Seriously? Why can't we just stay at home and play games in the warm?"