Chapter 6~ the answer

The long awaited answer to thranduil's question! Sorry it took so long work has been CRAZY! Anyways, enjoy~

"Helke?" Thranduil whispered in a raspy voice, unsure as to what she was going to say and feeling the stares of everyone in the room. He felt his heart beat in his throat, a cold rush going through his veins as he stared into her eyes on one knee, the ring still in his hands.
Helke's nod was so faint that you could hardly see it. "Yes" she squeaked.
"Yes?" He confirmed feeling his heart begin to go back to it's normal pace.
"Yes!!" She exclaimed excitedly as thranduil rose to stand and slipped the beautiful ring onto her slim, delicate fingers.
After that the atmosphere of the ball changed. It became more of a celebration with people congratulating the newly engaged couple.
"You gave me quite a fright just then helke" thranduil whispered as he put his arm around her tiny waist.
"I am sorry, I was just so...shocked"
"Shocked? That I asked the iceling I have loved for so long to marry me?" Thranduil smiled down at her.
"I just...does this now mean I have to be queen that I have to-"
"Helke" thranduil said firmly and helke peeped up at him. "You know that you do not have to do or be anything that do not want to be." He nuzzled the top of her hair lovingly with his nose. "My pretty wife" he smiled and she giggled as they kissed deeply. She cupped his cheek with her cold hand as his tongue glided over her own. She moaned and smiled as his hands slipped down to the small of her back. She lay her head on his shoulder as he held her and heard his strong heartbeat through his chest. As she looked around she suddenly noticed that Legolas was nowhere to be seen. Had he been there when thranduil had proposed? If not where would he be?
"I am going to find legolas to tell him the news" Helke said and thranduil nodded.
"Don't be gone for too long" he smiled and she nodded. Once she was certain that he was not in the hall she went out into the corridor to start the search. She didn't have to walk for very long before she found the tall elf in his best silver robes, the sides of his hair neatly braided back. "Legolas!" She exclaimed excitedly but as she drew nearer she realised she was interrupting him. His lips were locked with a younger Elleth with long auburn hair as well as his hands resting on her hips. The young Elleth pulled away with a gasp and looked like she wished to shrink back into the wall.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" Helke started but the young Elleth spoke over her.
"I'm so sorry my prince. This is not right!" She exclaimed and ran off before legolas could speak.
"Holynth!" Legolas called after the young maid but she was gone, running down the corridor.
"Legolas I am sorry I just-" Helke started but legolas stormed past her angrily, catching her shoulder with his. Helke stood there for a few minutes, unsure of what she should do before she began to cry. She had ruined legolas's evening and was now sure legolas thoroughly hated her. How would he react when he found out she was marrying his father?!
"Oh dear" thranduil sighed to Elrond as he saw Helke moved through the crowd with wet cheeks and eyes.
"Just an hour of being engaged to you and she's already in tears" he chuckled but thranduil rolled his eyes. He put his wine goblet down on a near by table and held a welcoming arm out to her.
"Shh, what is wrong my little lamb?" He asked quietly as she tucked herself neatly into his chest.
"Legolas hates me" her breath hitched as she spoke.
"I am sure he does not helke, he has not reason to"
"I ruined his night, I interrupted him and a Elleth in the hallway-"
"Helke calm down sweetheart" he rubbed her back soothingly. "We will talk a little bit later, I'm sure that it's just a little misunderstanding"
As the night went on helke saw no sight of legolas, making her feel worse as the night continued.
"Helke relax, legolas is a big lad, I'm sure he can handle his private affairs by himself."
"But-"
"Helke" thranduil warned and helke remained silent. Soon the celebration began to simmer down and people went to their ships to begin their journey home whilst others tools refuge In guest rooms. Helke rubbed her eyes tiredly as she exited the bathroom, having just washed her face. She yawned loudly and thranduil chuckled as he looked up from his book.
"Tired by any chance?" She could only nod in reply. She crawled into bed and tucked herself into her fiancé, her head on his chest as he continued to read.
"Do you think legolas is okay?"
"Of course he is Helke" thranduil sighed lightheartedly. His fingers automatically tangled into her white hair and she fell asleep as he hummed very quietly to her...