Chapter 8~ the wedding and return

And true to his word before helke knew it she was getting ready for the wedding. She had no idea where the year had gone. Thranduil had kept most of the decorations and guests secret to surprise helke but she would be happy either way. She laughed at the fact that two days ago she had panicked about the whole thing and considered running away and going to live in a cave. But now, dressed in a long simple white dress that clung to her round hips and shaped waist, she could not imagine being anywhere else. Her long white hair had been twisted up into a perfect messy bun with wavy peaces coming down. All in all she had a very elegant but relaxed look about her. The flowers she held were white lilies and as always she had abandoned the footwear.
"Are you ready my lady?" Asked a maid from the doorway, bowing low.
"Yes, although I am a bit nervous" she smiled.
"There is no need to be, you look truly beautiful" the maid smiled but helke still tripped over her feet as she followed the maid out slowly. It was agreed that since helke had no father to walk her down the isle anwa would give her away to thranduil as he had taught her so much and become a fatherly figure. She was taken by surprise when they did not turn down the corridor that lead to the grand entertainment hall that was often used for balls and parties. They continued going until helke felt the cold breeze of the outdoors on her face and neck. It was brighter outside but she gasped and stood dumbly as her eyes adjusted to the light. She didn't know how he had done it but thranduil had made her dream wedding. Snow was falling in large fluffy snowflakes and all the furniture and decorations were made out of ice. But this was not ordinary ice, this was ice unique only to icelings or Icelers.
"Are you ready?" Whispered anwa as everybody looked round at her. Everybody must have come to watch, some sitting at the front some standing at the back. anwa was dressed in silver and white robes for the event. He looked dashing but nowhere near as handsome as thranduil. She could not take her eyes off of him as she was lead closer and closer to him. The sides of his hair were braided into warrior braids and showed off his sharp, strong features and his usual crown was replaced by a silver winding circlet. He wore no flowing robes as he usually did but polished, gleaming armour. She felt her knees go weak as she drank in her husband. She smiled to see that anwa was also doing the vows.
"The rings?" He asked and legolas stepped forwards beaming with the rings, handing one to helke and one to his father, shaking slightly.
"My lord if you will repeat after me. Helke, I do so vow"
"I do so vow"
"That I shall love, protect and be faithful"
"My love shall not be changed"
"My love will not be changed"
"I shall care for you in times of difficulty and be truthful"
"Love you and only you for my eternity
"Love you and only you for my eternity." he slid the ring onto her finger and squeezed her hand when he saw tears sliding down her face.
"Now you my dear?" Asked anwa, though he was unsure if helke could speak. "I do so vow that I shall love, protect and be faithful"
"I do so vow that I shall love, protect and be faithful"
"My love will not be changed"
"My loved will not be changed"
"I shall care for you in times of difficulty and be truthful"
"Love you and only you for my eternity"
"Love you and only you for my eternity" she too put the ring onto his finger but with shaking hands.
"You may kiss your bride". the kiss was polite, only a peck on the lips, too reserved but honestly, when had helke EVER been reserved? she almost threw herself at thranduil and kissed him deeply putting her arms around his neck. He was slightly taken aback but soon settled into the kiss. The cheers where deafening
"Are you not glad we waited?" Thranduil asked as large snowflakes rested on his dark eyelashes and she could only nod. "You look so beautiful my helke" he smiled and kissed her once more before guiding her to the reception which was indeed in the entertainment hall.
"Thranduil!" Helke gasped as she looked up at the ceiling. It was snowing just as much in here as it was outside "I love it! How ever did you-?!"
"Ah, I thought you might ask that" he said with guilt and awkwardness. He looked to his left and through the crowds a figure emerged. Helke felt her stomach turn as she recognised his lean stature and white hair with a small black stripe....