Pathetic

?Amber's POV

I changed into a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt before walking down stairs expecting to see Kat. She should be back by now, I did take a pretty long shower. I'm shocked she didn't come and tell me to hurry up. She likes to interrupt me in things a lot. Especially waking me up. I walked through out my house checking all the rooms.

"Kat!" I called out. "Kathryn!" She hates being called by her full name. Still no answer. I walked outside my house looking around the street. Her car wasn't in her drive way. I ran back inside my house grabbing my phone and dialling her number while walking down the street.

It kept ringing and ringing. C'mon pick up! It went to her voice mail. I internally groaned. I was about to dial her parents number when I got a text.

-You wanna find your best friend right? I guess with your little speech problem you can't get help from anyone. Haha have fun babe! <3

Who is this person and how did the get my number?! I walked into the store knowing the clerk knew sign language. He wasn't there either. There was some new one.

"What may I help you with darling?" He had a British accent. He looked to be about 17. He had light brown hair and brown eyes. He reminded me a lot of Liam from One Direction. Ew!

I tried speaking but nothing came out but a little squeak. I sighed before trying sign language.

'You know sign?' I asked signing.

"I can read it, but not speak it." He told me. I smiled. Maybe he is helpful after all.

'Have you seen a girl with blonde hair and hazel eyes? She's about my height and was wearing a blue dress?' I signed/asked him.

"No I don't recall seeing anyone like her. Why?" I just shooed him off walking out of the store. I sighed to myself. Great! Just what I wanted. Had the perfect day with Cody and Justin and now Kat's disappeared. Just what i asked for. Obviously someone doesn't want us to be friends with them.

I continued to walk down the street to see Kat's car. He door was open. I quickly ran over to it to see that the keys were still in the ignition. I came around to the front of the car and there was a dent. Don't tell me she got in an accident? I looked around to see a black bar and blood on the floor. I lightly touched the blood, feeling it being still fresh. I started panicking and looking around for Kat.

Okay calm down Amber. Breathe. I said to myself in my head. I was going through my contacts until I came across Cody's.

<3 Codes!! <3

Aww he's so cute! Okay this is not the time. I clicked the call button and waited for him to pick up. Maybe I'll be able to talk to him.

"Hello? Amber?" He asked. I tried to say something but nothing came out. I hung up the phone. I opened a new message to text to Cody.

-Sorry about that Cody. But could you meet me at my house? It's urgent. And just you please?

He soon replied,

-Okay be there soon Amber!

I drive Kat's car back home and waited for Cody to come.

I desperately looked around the street looking for Kat. My phone then started ringing. Who would be calling me? I looked at the caller ID to see an unknown number. I picked it up hoping it would be Kat.

"You don't talk right? Pathetic! You're looking for Kat right? Well, let's just say she's in big trouble." Then the phone clicked. I walked into my house slamming the front door.

"I'm not pathetic am i?" I said quietly to myself.

<Haha! Yeah right? You can't even talk to save your best friend's life!> A little voice said in my head said.

No, no not again! I slid down the wall curling my knees up to chest as tears slipped my eyes.

"I'm so pathetic. Pathetic."

***

Well hello there! How'd you like the chapter? Who had heard Cody Simpson's new album? It's amazing right!? It hasn't come out yet but you can stream it. I saw him live and got his autograph!

Twitter names: @JorJor56

@Zeynepkay0

Stay beautiful! <3 ~Jori