Dorm Room 42779 ("Turn On The Lights" Sequel)

Prologue:

Darcie's POV

Tugging my boots on over my socks, I bolted down the stairs and into the kitchen. The sun shown brightly through the few windows, casting shadows on the brown tile floor. Shrugging my denim jacket on over my tank, I slung my back pack over my shoulder, and snatched my muffin off the small glass platter.

"Honey, you're going to be late. You need to hurry up." My mother called, still watching t.v. upstairs.

"I'm trying ma!! Bye!" I shouted, rushing out the door, a grin on my face. Today was my graduation day......I just had to make it through my home room.

***** *****

Striding confidently down the halls of my high school, I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

"Aww Darc! It's okay! You'll go to Uni and you'll forget all about lil' ole Carltown High." Emily patted my back and I laugh.

"I guess you're right.....this place didn't mean all that much to me." I shrugged as we slipped into the auditorium, taking our seats in the front.

"Our 2013 Carltown High School graduates are: "

Mr. Derub started in alphabetical order according to last names, Emily had been called up during 'B' due to her last name: Emily Bishop. I clapped wildly for her, whistling, and shouting. Her face flushed a deep red as she shook his hand and stared at the ground in embarrassment. About 30 minutes later, he had finally gotten to the letter 'J'

"Braden James, Camilla Jenkins, Gregory Jim, Darcie Jones-" Standing to my feet, I climbed up the small set of center stairs that lead to on stage. Taking a deep breath I continued towards Mr. Derub, our principal since my freshman year. Shaking his hand, he sent me a warm smile and I shot a weak one back. Handing me my diploma, I turned quickly for pictures, then snuck over to the 'B' section to stand with Emily.

"I'm gonna miss you, Love." She breathed, sobbing heavily, although she didn't make a noise.

"I'm gonna miss you to, but we're gonna talk and you're gonna have the most wonderful time in Hong Kong. Trust me, you wouldn't wanna trade that for boring old Law School." I shot her a sympathetic smile and she pulled me into a hug. I closed my eyes, capturing my last moment with my best friend, until I opened them back up.

The curly brown hair, the piercing green eyes, the glasses. The way he was slightly disappointed.

"Harry?" I squinted, then blinked and he vanished.

Is he back?

--------

Hello there! I hope you enjoyed the prologue! I wish that you would continue! New things are in store that you would never even think of! Because I haven't even thought them up yet! I'm doing whatever my heart tells me to! I hope you enjoy this book as much as the first! Thanks for reading! :D xoxo
-Sara