Chapter XI: Adieux

You know that feeling? The one where you're a bit relieved, yet utterly anxious at the same time? Like when you know something bad is going to go down, but you're slightly...ecstatic about it? Adrenaline is pumping through my veins, but fear of the unknown lingers in the back of my mind.

My fingers were threaded with his, making our way through the mush. It was a forest, thick with vegetation and buzzing with life.

Too bad we'd be the one's killing the vibe of liveliness.

My eyes searched the area that surrounded us, the towering trees, the sprouting mushrooms, the pine needles. Bugs buzzed in our ears, and nipped at our skin, but we stayed absolutely silent, stepping close and closer towards the end.

My heart pounded in my ears gently as the sound of rushing water filled my ears. An enlarging lump formed in my throat, and I gulped it down, my grip on his large hands tightening ever so slightly.

I was relieved he had come with me, and that I wouldn't be alone. I hated being alone, and anyone who knew me, knew that.

I took a quick glance over at his face as we crossed over the bridge, out feet stopping simultaneously at the middle. His face was blank, no emotion evident in his features, but his stance was tensed slightly, like he was just as nervous as I was, possibly more.

I spared no time, throwing one leg over the railing, then the other, gripping onto it for dear life. The water crashed against the rocks as I took a shaky breath. Harry soon sat beside me, his breath quaking just as mine had.

"On three?" He suggested, and I nodded, my grip loosening from the railing very gently.

"One," I whispered

"Two," He mumbled

"Three," We both spoke up slightly.

I pushed off from the railing, feeling a pair of hands coming into contact with my back. The wind swooshed past me as I flipped over on my back. His disappearing figure was still seated upon the railing, and suddenly I had never felt so alone in my life.

"I LOVE YOU!" He shouted.

I could feel my throat swell up slightly, as I finally relaxed.

"I lo--"

(A/N) And there you have it! The end of the book! Sorry I didn't bother to mention that in the last chapter but yeah...this is it! I hope you all enjoyed, have a lovely day.
~Kira