Chapter X: Bring Me to Life

The darkness is just....cruel.

It is cruel like his eyes, and his touch, and his mind.

They are pitch black, and cold....so very, extremely cold. They are distant and frozen and the thought of never getting them to regress to their vibrant, grassy green almost sends me into a frenzy of tears.

I've lived my life thinking I'm invincible and the world, and my mind have shown me otherwise.

They have shown me that it is only me. It is only yourself you must trust because all others will eventually give up hope. Even though, I must say that I am being quite hypocritcal, I'm giving up on his eyes....I'm giving up on him.

There is no changing his mind, there is no changing the way the gears in his mind work. They just....work. They do what they must and leave others in anguish.

I watched him carve the most horrid smile into a womens face once, I watched him skin a little girl alive.

He claimed that they were demons, and they were out to get me and he was just trying to protect me.

That's always what he tells me.

"I'm just trying to protect you."

I woke with a start, beads of sweat pouring from my skin, my wet bangs clinging to my forehead. My wrists burned and ached, so I pulled them into my chest, rubbing them to relieve the feeling, however I found that this only set them aflame once again. My eyes glanced rapidly around the dark room as tears streamed from my dead eyes. They were a dull, pale gray, I had witnessed them the other day when I looked into the mirror. Hard, loud sobs racked my body as I heard the door creak open.

"Baby doll, is everything alright?" His dark, hoarse voice croaked.

"I've given up on your eyes," I cried, fisting the harsh tattered mattress, curling myself up tightly.

"What? What are you talking about, Doll?" The thudding of his boots neared and I let out a scream of utter terror. The thudding ceased, and I could tell he was hesitant to move.

"Don't get any closer, please. I've given up. I've given up on you and I've given up on me and I'm just so tired Harry." I sobbed, he disobeyed my orders, pulling me into a tight embrace, rubbing my back.

"Baby it's gonna be okay, I'm here to protec-"

"STOP!" I hollered, my trembling hands covering my ears, standing to my feet.

"I'm tired of living like this, I don't know what everyone wants from us but I can't do it anymore!" I continued, hands falling on my hips. They fell away, taking my hands gently, he pulled them away from my ears.

"We go together,"