Chapter IV: Ricochet

~*~*~*~* Darcie *~*~*~*~

Ever since the whole....dream thing, I've been attempting to avoid Harry. Everything just seems so....awkward? I can't really explain the weird feeling I get when he starts talking to me and I imagine a dead body lying on a bed it just....I can't.

And I won't.

I can't keep pretending like it's not weird. Every little detail about Harry and I's friendship is weird. I feel like the only reason we're actually friends is because of those dreams. The thought of that makes my heart shatter but I still can't understand the numerical thing.

42779?

What could that possibly mean?

Sliding my notebook out from under my pillow, I flipped it open to a clean page, then tapped my pencil repeatedly against it.

"What does it mean?" I groaned, racking my brain for ideas.

"What does what mean?" A voice said from behind. Snapping my head around to the sound, I was met with piercing green eyes.

"N-Nothing! I just.....can't figure out this algebra problem." I stuttered, mentally face palming.

I took both of my algebra classes in high school!

"Oh! I'll help! I mean...if you n-need it." He looked quite weirded out, a bit paler than his normal color.

"Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost!" I laughed, and he gave me this look. This stern look that I couldn't really explain.

"Wait.....you saw a ghost? Where?!" I inquired, throwing my note book down.

"I just....I was walking from that Chinese food restaurant and I saw it eerily watching some girl." He gulped down the large lump in his throat and I laughed. Something buzzed, and I began searching through bedding. It sounded like it was under my pillow, but I had already looked there. Flipping my pillow over, I stuffed my hand into the cushion and pulled out a small black Tracfone.

This is not mine.

"Harry, do you by chance have a black Tracfone?" I hesitantly asked, sweating pouring from my forehead, as a cage of butterflies was set free in my stomach.

"Nope!" He shrugged. Dammit.

Not again.

Going to messages, I read the new text.

"hEllO dArCiE"

My stomach dropped and I felt tears welling in my eyes.

"Hello"

I typed back, my fingers fumbling whilst my brain tried not to panic

So much for that idea

"ThInK dEepLy ABoUt tHe KeYs oF tHIs pHonE. LOoK tHEm oVeR. AnaLyZE tHeM. ThEY wiLL LeAD YoU tO ThE AnSWeR yOU sO dESpeRaTeLy sEeK."

I stared back at the keys.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Yeah, that helped.

"YOu'Re NoT lOokIng HArD eNOuGh. THe anSWeR iS RiGHt iN froNt oF yOuR EyEs. O_o"

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

ABC, DEF, GHI, JKL, MNOP, QRS, TUV, WXYZ

The letters!

"Okay! That makes so much sense!" I exclaimed, opening my notebook and writing it down.

If 1 is the symbols

2 is ABC

3 is DEF

4 is GHI

5 is JKL

6 is MNOP

7 is QRS

8 is TUV

9 is WXYZ

So 42779 is something like; Gassy or Ibssy or Harry.......Harry!

"Harold! What were the numbers of your hospital room again?" I questioned. He looked up from his laptop, reciting the numbers.

"327243."

So the numbers could be like Fasage.....or Darcie! Oh my lord.

"H-Harry? What if I told you this was all set up?"

--------

There you go! Now you know who and what 42779 is! It's Harry! and 327243 is Darcie! Wasn't that smart of me! Anyways! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!! :) xoxo
-Sara