********

I was awake. I didnt sleep all night. It was sunday morning and I voices in the kitchen. The adults, and a male voice. I stood at my room door, my ear pressed against the steal. This wasnt going to work, so I opened my door just a bit to let more sound in.

   "Hello, I am from the OIA, as you may know, I do a quick inspection of the orphanige and the children here." The male voice said. The woman spoke in a bitter sweet voice.

"Oh great, honey, go get the children and the special surprize we give to inspectors." The last time an inspector has checked out mansion was two years ago. The adults killed him infront of us. I heard the man walking down the long hallway  calling for all of us to go to the living room.

He disapeared in to the adults room. I knew what he was getting. Once in the living room the man at the door looked me in the eyes before slightlt nodding and ajusting his hat. He carried a big brown bag and wore all black.

     Thomas.

  I had to clench my fists to keep myself from jumping for joy. Then it hit me that Thomas was going to get killed. Right infront of my eyes.

I had to act fast. The front door was wide open...
My mind was racing when the man came down stairs, the shot gun in his back pocket.

  Its now or never.

I spoke up. "Sr." I said to the man with the gun. Its been three years and his name has never been known. I got up slowly earnung strange looks from everyone. I stood beside the man. 

"I dont think this is a real inspector." I looked towards Thomas, infront of the open door,  looking at me with wide eyes.  "Oh really?" The man said. Him and the woman actually looked surprized, concerned even. "Yeah I mean, didn't he show you his liscense? All inspectors are supposed to." I gave Thomas a fake stink eye. He looked so confused.

"Very well then. " The man spoke. "Show me a card." He turned to Thomas. Not enough. Thomas raised his hands in a defensive pose. "I dont know Sr." He looked scared. His brown eyes glittered in the bright day light ahead. The man suddenly leaned forward facing Thomas grabbing the neck of his shirt with his pale, strong hands.

The woman stood back crossing her arms over her chest. Its time. In a swift motion I grabbed the gun out of the mans pocket while Thomas tool the opportunity to punch him in the nose. The man staggered back as I had enough space to stand beside Thomas at the open door, pointing the gun at the adults.

I heard gasps coming from each orphan. The adults stood in shock. With my bad aim, I shot the man once in the hand and the woman once in the shoulder. They wouldnt be able to come after us for a while.

      The adults were spraweled out on the ground in pain. "FIND SOMEPLACE, RUN." I said. Each orphan ran out the door, my gun still pointed at the adults. The woman spoke with bitter anger between sharp breaths.

"Its not just us who will be coming for you, BITCH." I took my chance and shot her other arm. Curse my bad aim.

       Thomas grabbed my arm and we ran outside shutting the door behind us into the warm spring air.

The orphans where no where to be seen, having ran away into freedom. Where would they go? Where would I go?

    Thomas had a car parked at the end of the driveway. A BMW. We hopped in and he started the engine running his fingers through his golden hair.

"Ready?" He said in his thick british accent I had just noticed. I nodded and we started down the unfamilliar street.