Chapter 8 Girls Night

“So Miss thang tell us how you and lover boy spent the day” “seriously Abebi no hi or nothing” “hi know how did it go” “and hi to you Abebi lovely day isn’t it?” “I swear Ruhamah if you don’t stop stalling me and Ann will tie you down until you talk were very resourceful.” “Yea chica you better spill” “guys really nothing happened we went to Grand Station and came back here to eat nothing eventful happened.”

“My goodness Ruhamah how much more could you bore the guy if you tried am I right Ann” “as much as I hate to be in agreement with Abebi she’s right Ami.” Well he sure didn’t seem bored you two nosy heifers “guys trust me Collin was not bored.”

“Well now I’m bored” said Abebi “me too, what are we doing today Ami” “what why do I have to choose?” “Because it’s your house and me and Ann are your guests so make us feel welcome” these shameless harpies “let’s watch a movie and then we can decide I’m too worn out to think of anything right now” “great because mindless tv will get your creative juices flowing” “you know what Abebi  I will stab you in your ovaries if you talk one more time, got it.” “Imma tell yo momma you threatening me.”

“Aaahhh, stop pulling the covers Ann or I will push you out of the chair. Abebi scoot over you’re practically sitting in my lap.” “Well Ruhamah that’s what you get for putting in this scary movie” “I agree with Ann, what possessed you to put in The Strangers. I swear now every time I hear the name Tamara I will freak out.” “Well I like scary movies I just wish you guys wouldn’t scream so much. Besides this is payback for calling me boring next time you both will think before you talk.”

“Alright so the movies over one of you guys go cut the lights back on” “I’m not, this is your house Ami” “I’m not either.” “Well fine I’ll cut them on you big babies” as I turn around I don’t see Ann or Abebi I promise if they jump from behind something I’m going to knock them out. “Aaahhhh” I yell flailing my arms around and fall on my butt “you two street walkers are dead.”

“Let’s go walk around the mall to kill time and then go to that karaoke thing tonight. I heard a couple of people in my audit class talking about it, seems fun or at the least we can make fun of the tone deaf?” “I’m game but let’s dress up in our most bizarre and craziest outfits” of course Abebi would suggest this she’s certified crazy “oooh yeah I have some striped rainbow leggings, with my brown doc martens and army green tank top I can wear.” “Really Ann, how did you come up with that outfit off the top of your head like you’ve been planning this for weeks?” “Sometimes I like to dress up crazy when I’m by myself; I’m also going to put my hair in two ponytails in tribute to sailor moon.

“Well if Ann is wearing that then I’m wearing my black 4 inch spiked heels, my pink tutu minus the leggings and a red brassiere. It’s like Ronald McDonald’s meets freaks at night and for my hair it will be in a Mohawk. Ah I’m so excited this will be fun Ruhamah what are you wearing?” Once again I ask you how I find myself in these types of situations. “I don’t know I guess I can dress like an old lady I have this plaid skirt that reaches the floor, with a shimmery gold top and my bifocals. For my hair I’ll just put it in some type of afro.”

We’re finally at the mall and needless to say people are looking at us. We do make quite a sight, a hooker a hobo and a grandma. “Well guys I’d hate to point out the obvious but we are turning heads and not in a good way.” “Please these guys couldn’t handle all of us and these broads are jealous” “shh Abebi do you have to be so loud besides who in they right mind would be jealous of us?” “See Ann this is why Ruhamah wouldn’t be able to handle Collin she is too uptight” “She’s right chica loosen up.”