Chapter 15 → Plan In Action

Emiko's POV

A week passed since our first encounter with Zabuza. We were on our way to the bridge now, and I was thinking about the plan I told Haku.

~ Flashback ~

"I have an idea, but you have to listen carefully... I won't take part in the fights, my female teammate and I will be protecting Tazuna. All you have to do is fight against Sasuke and later Naruto, act as if you don't know what will happen. When Kakashi charges towards Zabuza, sacrifice yourself for Zabuza. You will die about 4 or 5 seconds after Kakashi's chidori goes through you. During that time, I will be stabbing you with a special kunai. When you die, your soul will enter the little scroll which is attached to the kunai. When your soul is in the scroll, your body automatically appears inside the scroll, so you won't be a little blue ball nor a ghost." I laughed and Haku chuckled. "Even though your soul enters the scroll, your body will need time to recover. The time it takes for you to regain consciousness will be determined by the amount of chakra you had left when you 'died'. Is everything clear until this point?" Haku nodded.

"Inside the scroll there are houses surrounded by a forest, with a waterfall nearby. The houses are simple, small wooden houses, with two rooms, a bathroom, a kitchen and living room. They are fully furnished, and there are also a vegetable garden, many animals to hunt, and a variety of fruit available. It snows during winter, so I know that you will like it there. Choose a house for you and Zabuza when you wake up. You two are not the only ones I'm willing to save. One last thing, when you are inside the scroll, you can get injured, but you will be immortal until you get out of the scroll and enter a new body."

"How many people are you willing to save?"

"Hm... Around 10 or 12... You and Zabuza included. They are all rogue ninjas, but I know that they still have good in them, and they can change the world for the better if given a chance. And that is my plan. Will you help me?"

~ End Of Flashback ~

To say that I was nervous is an understatement. I was literally sweating and trembling all the way to the bridge. Luckily I was at the back of the group, and the others were chatting happly, oblivious to my uneasiness.

We soon reached the bridge, and a mist started forming. As expected, Zabuza and Haku were waiting for us. Just like the anime, Sasuke and Haku started fighting after Sasuke destroyed Zabuza's water clones. Kakashi was busy with Zabuza, and I was guarding Tazuna, along with Sakura.

Before I knew it, Kakashi told Zabuza about us, but when it came to describing me, I was somehow amused. "... Last but not least, we have our own princess. Our very skilled and friendly kunoichi, Emiko." I heard Sakura scoff at that, but I didn't care.

The fights took some time, even after Naruto's not-so-ninjaish entrance. I focused on Kakashi's and Zabuza's chakras. I found out that I was a sensory type, which will be very helpful if I wanted to accomplish my goals. Kakashi taught me the basics of being a sensory nin, but it was enough for now. I soon heard the chirping sound of the chidori. That was my cue.

I ran towards Zabuza, ignoring Sakura's and Tazuna's shouts, my special kunai in hand. As soon as I saw Haku, I stabbed his heart at the same time Kakashi's chidori pierced his stomach, while forming a hand seal with my free hand. I smirked, glad that I was on time. I saw Haku smiling at me, then he 'died'.

Kakashi was staring at Haku, momentarily forgetting about me. I jumped backwards, making my way towards Tazuna, Sakura and Sasuke's unconscious form, while the fight between Zabuza and Kakashi continued.

"What on earth do you think you're doing?!" Sakura practically shouted in my ear. I just ignored her and focused my gaze on Zabuza.

Right on time, Gato and his men came. I was too far to understand what they were saying, but it didn't matter. Naruto confronted Zabuza about Gato disrespecting Haku's dead body, saying his heartfelt speech. When I saw Zabuza charging at Gato, I ran towards him. Kakashi tried to stop me, but I didn't listen to him. My mind was set on saving Zabuza no matter what. I reached him right when he stabbed Gato. I knew I had no time to waste, so I formed the hand seal and stabbed his shoulder.

He was still alive, as my wound wasn't deadly. I backed away and he fell. He then asked Kakashi to be placed next to Haku.

I zoned out after he died, standing far away from the others. I smiled in triumph at my accomplishment. Jay, I did it, I saved them. Now we can relax for three years.

~ Timeskip ~

I was staring at the sky, while Naruto and Inari were acting tough even though they were crying. We said our goodbyes and left for Konoha.

Yuna... She seems so familiar... She said that she comes from the future, so maybe she is the daughter of someone I know. What is the mission she came here for? Did she come here because the future might change because of Jay and I? She seems friendly, and she helped me with the chakra seal. Maybe we can become friends! Hinata is too shy, Ino is too obsessed with Sasuke, I rarely see Tenten, and Sakura always gets on my nerves.

"EMIKO!!!!" I looked up, but quickly moved a step back. Naruto was standing right in front of me, with a worried look in his eyes. I noticed that Kakashi, Sasuke and Sakura also stopped walking and were giving me concerned looks.

"What?"

"We're almost home, and you've been spacing out a lot lately. Are you still uh... Worried about your brother?" Naruto asked.

"... Yes." I noticed Kakashi eyeing me suspiciously, not believing me.

"Okay guys, let's go. The Village is close, and I have to report to the Hokage."

We started walking again, and I could see my teammates glancing my way a few times. When we entered the gate, Kakashi stopped and looked at us.

"See you later guys. Emiko, come with me." He then walked towards the Hokage's mansion. I immediately followed him after waving at my teammates, with a small smile on my face.

I hope I'm not in trouble...

Kakashi knocked on the door, and I heard a muffled 'come in'. After we entered the Hokage's office, I noticed the Hokage was busy writing on a scroll. After a few minutes, he closed the scroll and placed it next to a stack of scrolls on his desk.

"Hokage-sama, I will give you a report on the mission later. There is something more important I want to discuss with you."

"Go on."

"Hokage-sama, you are probably the only person who knows more about Jay and Emiko Tatsumi. I remember Jay came to you a few days before the mission by the Land of Waves, telling you more about him and his sister. As Emiko's sensei, I have the right to know as much as possible about my students. May you please tell me all you know about the Tatsumi siblings?"

The Hokage exhaled smoke from his pipe, and closed his eyes. Several seconds later, he opened his eyes, and stared at me. I looked outside the window, because his gaze was kinda intimidating.

"Very well. Before I start though, there is something you should know first. Jay only told me about his dreams and other minor things. Someone came to me yesterday, and told me everything about Jay and Emiko. What I am about to say now is something I didn't know was possible. Jay and Emiko are not from a non-ninja village. They are from another dimension."

~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~•~~°~~

I finally finished this chapter! School was hectic... And yesterday I found out that I have to be at school on saturdays to help the Grade 8's (High School in South Africa starts from Grade 8... And ends in Grade 12 :) ) for a concert they'll be doing in February -_- How lame... Disadvantages of being a leader in high school! :P

Anyways, moving on to more important things. I would like to dedicate this chapter to Dragongi49 ! If you read Konoha's Light and its sequel, you'll see that I used the same sealing technique... well, with a twist! Thank you again Dragongi49 for allowing me to use your idea for my book :D

Thank you for reading my book! And thank you for voting and for following me :)

Feel free to vote and comment.