Chapter 4

"Come on. He's really fun and nice. You need to confess to him while you can." I said to Tiana who gave me a look. I was trying to convince her to confess to Adiel.

"I... I don't know. I don't think he really likes me. He is... Boring you know. I think I'm getting over him." She said hastily.

"What do you mean? Come on Tiana you can't be over him just like that. He's a really fun guy. I'll put in good words for you next time we hang out." I tried even harder.

"No. It's not that he isn't fun. I just think I don't like him the same way you know. My feelings are dying now." She shrugged. "He isn't boring. It's just boring to talk to him now."

"You... You sure?" I said quietly. "I'm meant to meet up with him tomorrow, are you sure? I could talk to him, try to see if he likes you."

"No. I'm pretty sure I'm over him." She said confidently. "I'm getting over him. I know I am."

Oh.

"But you guys would have been so cute together."

"Nah. I'm just gonna find someone better. This is just a cling from Caleb. I just latched onto the next thing I saw because I wanted to get over him. And come on," she laughed. "He's two whole years younger than me."

"735 days to be exact." I blurted and immediately regretted it. "Sorry, ok not helping." I blushed. She just smiled apologetically.

"I'm done trying for him you know."

。。。

"So what was her name?" I asked. We were eating corn on the way to his balcony. He opened the glass door and we stepped out into the chilly air. There was this steady breeze blowing and it was blowing my hair everywhere. It was late evening and we were talking about our exes and failed relationships.

"Bridget. Her name's Bridget. What about yours?" He turned to me as he sat down, pushing his legs in through the railing, one leg between two. I did the same as I sat beside him so that our legs hung out over the building.

"Fred." I said calmly and he laughed.

"Nice. He needs a Daphne, not a Lia." He joked.

"That is a terrible terrible joke!" But I ended up laughing anyway. I turned to him as we ate the corn. "Hey, I was wondering." I began after taking a deep breath. He turned to me and I noticed how amazing his hair was, especially when it waved in the breeze. "How do you feel about Tiana?" I sensed my question was somewhat unexpected as he frowned.

"Tiana?" He repeated, taking a bit of his corn. "Well... She's a lovely person to talk to... And quite a good friend I believe."

"You don't think you have feelings for her?" I knew he was confused now.

"No?" He ran a hand through his hair. "I don't think so." He shrugged.

"So you aren't sure?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Well... I sort of... Think I like someone else." He gave me an apologetic smile.

"Oh... Oh wow." I let out a laugh and I wasn't sure if I was relieved, or upset. "Okay."

"Just platonic." He finished. I looked at him and just smiled. I was slightly glad Tiana hadn't confessed. She would have gotten rejected and that would have been terrible.

"Hey, sunset." I pointed towards the horizon. It was my first time seeing an actual sunset and I realised, he sees it everyday. "You're quite lucky to see this every single day aren't you. I've never seen it." I let out a nervous grin.